Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

I find this Blue Devils B show much more entertaining than the A corps show.

• Like 4

Maybe ticket sales are down and that is why finals are on the fan network! Last nights crowd also looked a little light. Maybe 10 years at the same location is not a good idea.

Location is probably only one facet of why the Semi's live audience appears way down from previous years.

BDB was good, performed quite well. They seem to have the same problem as their A Corps brothers in not writing any kind of challenging drill for the tubas. I'm sure they can march just as well as everyone else, they just always seem to be an afterthought.... The tubas are like Eeyore for BD. Just kind of there, and no one seems to like them. :huh2:

Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious that BDB and SCV-C have more content and demand in their programs than a couple of Top Twelve corps do? And you can certainly see why SCV-C won Open. Some squeeky-clean stuff here by Open standards.

• Like 1

Yes SCVC is very good - but! their arrangements seem to take the recognizable 8 measures of several popular pieces - string them together - and voila there's a show. I mean, Hut of Baba yaga, first circle, night on bald mountain etc. oh yeah adagio for strings for the heck of it?? promise of living :/

Edited by georogers27

Yes SCVC is very good - but! their arrangements seem to take the recognizable 8 measures of several popular pieces - string them together - and voila there's a show. I mean, Hut of Baba yaga, first circle, night on bald mountain etc. oh yeah adagio for strings for the heck of it?? promise of living :/

Yea, the musical book is very <control c> <control v>.

• Like 1

I find this Blue Devils B show much more entertaining than the A corps show.

Without meaning to start yet another BD debate, I have found that I think BDB puts on more traditional "BD"-like shows pretty much every year from 2008. I always look forward to seeing them when and where I can.

Mike