How old are you?

Im 45. Saw my first show in 83 and the love affair started.

I am 59 for another couple of months. Joined my first corps, a feeder corps, at age 10 1/2 in 64...was a runner at the big corps show the summer of 64...saw the Cadets for the first time, along with my favorite growing up...the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights. Also saw St Kevin's at the show, along with the Bon bons and York White Roses from PA. I think St Lucy's was there too.

For me, drum corps has never been better than it is today. I love what the designers create and the marvelous members perform.

Edited by MikeD

I am 53 but my drum corps age is 4, as that is when my son joined OC.

I do have a wonderful memory of being a little kid and stumbling across a drum corps show at... it seemed to be a baseball diamond in my memory... did that ever happen? Anyway, I was so enthralled that I asked who the group was and was told it was the Seattle Imperials. After all these years I remember that experience! My brother was with me and we sat down and watched. I never forgot that day... so when my son said he wanted to join drum corps I kind of knew what it was.

My biggest regret is that I NEVER marched. Doh!

Edited by luv4corps

That makes me 59 in Earth years, 8 1/2 in dog years, and 43 in drum corps years.

I should add that my younger daughter, Olivia, is 8, but 9 in drum corps years. My lovely bride was pregnant with her when we did the Chinese New Year parade with the Renegades in 2004. She was in the St. Patrick's Day parade with Renegades at 4 months, went to her first field show (and was on the field with Tom Peashey) at 8 months, and was in the Chinese New Year parade again at 15 months.

Garry in Vegas

Old enough to have seen my first show live in 1977.

1975 for me (and marched my first (and only) junior corps summer in '75). That makes me 55.