Predictions for 2014

If they take more than a year to come back, then they have to go to Open Class to prove that they are a viable organization to tour and make it through. Does make it harder though for corps, because they don't get the performance fees like the World Class corps, so that they'd need to find other ways to make money

Yes, That rings a bell now, ie if a former World Class Corps takes more than a year off, when they come back they need to go to Open Class. I miss the Glassmen. ( I miss 'em all ). Glassmen are a 16 time World Class Division TOP 12 Qualifying Corps. 3 Times finishing as high as 5th. I hope they make it back out on the field, even Open Class if its has to start there again. Blue Stars regrouped and restarted there and got themselves back into TOP 12 status after a stint in Open Class... so its not impossible to do.

Rennick goes to Crown. Crown wins 3 in a row.

As awesome as Rennick is I don't see a need for that for crown. Those guys and gals at crown were throwing down this year, sure it had it's rough moments but they gave it EVERYTHING they had all the time. And that's why they improve the way they did. This years crown reminds me of Cadets percussion last year. It was pretty rough for most of the season, and then they came back this year and kicked ###.

I see Crown staying with their current perc staff and moving up in the rankings next year in terms of perc standings.

Yes, That rings a bell now, ie if a former World Class Corps takes more than a year off, when they come back they need to go to Open Class. I miss the Glassmen. ( I miss 'em all ). Glassmen are a 16 time World Class Division TOP 12 Qualifying Corps. 3 Times finishing as high as 5th. I hope they make it back out on the field, even Open Class if its has to start there again. Blue Stars regrouped and restarted there and got themselves back into TOP 12 status after a stint in Open Class... so its not impossible to do.

Blue Stars were also in Open Class for a long time rebuilding. Magic was the most recent example of someone who had to drop down a class after taking a year off, and I think we all know what happened with Magic. I want to see Glassmen come back. Lot of great people have gone through that corps. I just know it will be more difficult if they have to take the Open Class route back to World Class. Hopefully they've spent all of this year fundraising like mad to get back on the field, and found some other sources of revenue.

As awesome as Rennick is I don't see a need for that for crown. Those guys and gals at crown were throwing down this year, sure it had it's rough moments but they gave it EVERYTHING they had all the time. And that's why they improve the way they did. This years crown reminds me of Cadets percussion last year. It was pretty rough for most of the season, and then they came back this year and kicked ###.

I see Crown staying with their current perc staff and moving up in the rankings next year in terms of perc standings.

But can you imagine though? If they keep the staff they had now and add an all-star perc staff, they would literally be unstoppable.

I can see Crown pursuing Jim Casella to arrange the percussion, both battery and front ensemble or even David Reeves (marched with Star 1991-93) to do it if Jim says no. Then bring in Murray Gusseck to join Glen Crosby who is already there to run the percussion program. Why not?

• Like 1

SANTA CLARA WINS THE 2014 SEASON WITH ANOTHER REMAKE OF PHANTOM OF THE OPERA CELEBRATING THEIR 25TH ANNIVERSARY SINCE WINNING WITH THE SHOW IN '89.

You heard it here first, folks. ph34r.gifcool.gif

• Like 4

Blue Stars were also in Open Class for a long time rebuilding. Magic was the most recent example of someone who had to drop down a class after taking a year off, and I think we all know what happened with Magic. I want to see Glassmen come back. Lot of great people have gone through that corps. I just know it will be more difficult if they have to take the Open Class route back to World Class. Hopefully they've spent all of this year fundraising like mad to get back on the field, and found some other sources of revenue.

Let's be a little more historically technical with the Blue Stars story from the '80s - 2005. CCI, A/A-60, Div II & III. I would know. :thumbup:/>/>

Edited by shortn'sour

Fun post finals thread, I'll take the bait...

1. The Blue Devils: Too much talent with the members and staff to let a one year departure from thier throne affect them. It's a shame they can't get rid of their "bad boy, overly egotistical, cheech and chong culture" image.

2. Carolina Crown: The talent remains; but they will be dealing with a seasoned Blue Devils corps that knows how to rebound.

3. The Cadets: Talented corps. Might snag a caption or two; but BD and Crown are really enjoying being at the tip-top.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard: I so want to put them in the top three; but I just can't see that happening yet. If they finish within tenths of the third place corps, next year, then I could see them moving on up in 2015.

5. The Bluecoats. Pleeeeease bring the jazz back!

6. Phantom Regiment

7. The Cavaliers

8. The Blue Stars / Boston Crusaders / Madison Scouts

9. The Blue Stars / Boston Crusaders / Madison Scouts

10. The Blue Stars / Boston Crusaders / Madison Scouts

11. The Blue Knights

12. The Troopers: Lots of momentum from 2013. Another great show and returning talent will punch thier ticket into the finals soiree.

13. Spirit of Atlanta: Somebody has to fall out.

14. The Crossmen

15. Pacific Crest: Looks like there are some good things happening with PC. Good for them!

16. The Colts

17. The Glassmen

18. The Mandarins

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. The Academy

21. Jersey Surf

22. Pioneer

23. The Seattle Cascades

Edited by shortn'sour