Rebate email from DCI

AGreed Kamarag. In fact, part of me wants to email them and just ask if I can get access to the Finals VOD and they can keep the rebate--that way, they don't lose any money since I have no intention of purchasing the DVD until they reduce the price in a couple years or so.

My understanding is that they needed 300 viewers to break even, and they got something over 3000.

Two things:

1. It proved the concept that DCI can make substantial money from broadcasting finals, and

2. They need to now spend that revenue to:

a. invest is a professional company to handle all the broadcast responsibilities. For instance, the company that does the Super Bowl

b. find a way to help corps like Glassmen and Music City from buckling under the financial burdens of fielding a corps.

At this rate, there soon won't be enough corps to support a fan base willing to pay for finals, making the investment in a professional broadcast a poor decision.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

between 3400 and 3500 to be honest in viewers. My hunch is the company running it didn't plan for that many viewers

The offer and communication really show that DCI is doing a great job of listening.

That being said, I was very surprised to get that email! Surprised because the stream for me was an enormous success! I connected very easily and even ran it from my tablet into the 70" flat screen. There was one or two little hick ups in during SCVC, but nothing that took away from the enjoyment. After that there was one very minor blip during Madison Scouts. Other than that, smooth sailing!

I wonder how many of these reported issues were due to individuals own computers, Wi-Fi connections, or equipment were more to blame than DCI because again, my experience was first rate! Bravo to DCI!

How can individuals' own computers and equipment be to blame when dci basically holds it out as something that should be easily available to anyone with a computer?

I wonder how many of these reported issues were due to individuals own computers, Wi-Fi connections, or equipment were more to blame than DCI because again, my experience was first rate! Bravo to DCI!

If it was my equipment at fault, I can't understand why the second half of the show was nearly perfect while the first was a nearly complete disaster. Plus even after the show was over, when I tried to scroll back to see the first five corps, there were still skips in the stream.