Scranton Show

No it's more like, " Fill a hole at C2 or you don't get section leader" type of thing. Usually it's finance related from I've heard.

I would hardly say Cabs are rasty and overblow. They have a full sound. You can hear the bottom with Cabs. As a low brass guy I'm still waiting for Bucs low brass to play so they can heard while moving. I've said it before I'm in love with the Caballeros tuba line this year.

Empire is on a different level. They're going more for entertainment than balanced sound specifically. Nothing against Empire I always love their shows. It's different than what the other corps do and I love it

• Like 1

No it's more like, " Fill a hole at C2 or you don't get section leader" type of thing. Usually it's finance related from I've heard.

I'm surprised that a "fan of DCA", as your username suggests, doesn't think young people out from DCI tour may actually WANT to march in a DCA corps... But considering that the Cadets are hardly made of local membership (let alone their section leaders) I find it impossible to believe that marching C2 would be a requirement for that position! Because talent, dedication and hard work of "non-local" Cadets be d#####! If Cadets2 has membership from DCI corps (not just from Cadets) entering their ranks to fill last minute holes it's because they want to work hard and ENJOY it just as much as the membership that has been there since the beginning.

Edited by charlie1223

Taking another view of the top four shows, my eyes and ears gave it to Bucs, easily...best combo of power and brass refinement, although their marching is not that swell :-) I think Cabs and ES were both degrees of loud, brash and rasty...relatively unrefined and somewhat overblown brass sound. C2 has a weak guard at this point, and they need to get to a place where they don't have 8 or 9 brass holes to fill in mid August. However, they have a good shot to play the charts musically with some semblance of control and good tone while doing a bunch of up tempo drill.

It's kinda hard to re-calibrate after soaking in DCI finals and the excellence of Crown brass and Cadets percussion, etc. However, I am eager to see Minnesota Brass again because it looks like a real dog fight with Bucs in Annapolis.

I guess the Buccaneers should be glad that you are not a judge because the marching scores were in their favor tonight.

Troll much?

Empire is on a different level. They're going more for entertainment than balanced sound specifically. Nothing against Empire I always love their shows. It's different than what the other corps do and I love it

This year probably more than ever, I would think. They have nothing to lose here.

A very unique corps, every year. More like an entertainment event than a drum corps show.

WOWWWWWWW look directly at the pic ..tell me it doesnt look like Jimmy Cos in the background..white ball cap..white pants....a common outfit for Jimmy C...OK MAYBE ITS JUST ME...SUCH A GREAT MAN

Perhaps the spirit of Jim Costello roams the contest field in Scranton . . . unsure.gif

WOWWWWWWW look directly at the pic ..tell me it doesnt look like Jimmy Cos in the background..white ball cap..white pants....a common outfit for Jimmy C...OK MAYBE ITS JUST ME...SUCH A GREAT MAN

It's not just you. I marched under Cos for many years. White ball cap, Golf shirt and khaki pants. If I didn't know better, I would swear that is Cos in the pic. Having said that, if there was a way......................

• Like 2

It's not just you. I marched under Cos for many years. White ball cap, Golf shirt and khaki pants. If I didn't know better, I would swear that is Cos in the pic. Having said that, if there was a way......................

i freaked when i saw it......lol.youre right if there was a way.......he a;ways walked up and down that side also....freaky

• Like 1

i freaked when i saw it......lol.youre right if there was a way.......he a;ways walked up and down that side also....freaky

Man... that is really wild. It does look like a man with a white cap.

With Cos, I wouldn't rule out anything... even coming back for a show or two. :tongue: