Scranton Show

Did I capture a ghost? There is a strange glow around the field in that spot.

3C208602-3019-4B8E-B30A-9841034728C8-27960-0000192BDE377468.jpg

Having been going to the Parade of Champions in Scranton for 40+ years, I definitely felt the spirit of drum corps past. A lot of memories going through my mind last night.

Watching DB pay his respects to the American Legion reps as Empire trooped the stands really heightened the realization that they are almost done.

As far as the results, I agreed with the placements in every caption for the most part. Bucs were the only show that I saw that didn't have a woops moment. Their performance last night was solid throughout.

• Like 3

The right corps won. I really only had issue with one placement, and that was Cadets2 should have been over Statesmen. Looking at the recap, that call was made by one judge, who had Statesmen over-scored in his caption by at least two full points. That issue will resolve itself in prelims.

I also thought Sunrisers got dumped hard, but that's another story.

Looking forward to your review and what you have to say about the Sunrisers they have completed 6 times and there score has risen just under 5 points ,something seems wrong with this picture ,i know there a very young corps ,but they have a good staff working with them ,I find it very hard to belive there not getting better ,shows in a row with the same score minus a few 10s .Some things not right with this picture ,As i said looking forward to your coments on there show and why the judges dumped them.

Edited by Florida Sun

Looking forward to your review and what you have to say about the Sunrisers they have completed 6 times and there score has risen just under 5 points ,something seems wrong with this picture ,i know there a very young corps ,but they have a good staff working with them ,I find it very hard to belive there not getting better ,shows in a row with the same score minus a few 10s .Some things not right with this picture ,As i said lookinjg forward to your coments on there show and why the judges dumped them.

well, talking to staff, missing 3 bass drummers couldn't have helped last night

• Like 1

I guess the Buccaneers should be glad that you are not a judge because the marching scores were in their favor tonight.

Troll much?

Say what??? It doesn't require a judge to easily see phasing and spacing issues in the marching of the Bucs (and every other corps there). Just because the Bucs received a relatively higher score doesn't translate to sanitary marching performance...just relatively less slop.

• Like 2

Looking forward to your review and what you have to say about the Sunrisers they have completed 6 times and there score has risen just under 5 points ,something seems wrong with this picture ,i know there a very young corps ,but they have a good staff working with them ,I find it very hard to belive there not getting better ,shows in a row with the same score minus a few 10s .Some things not right with this picture ,As i said lookinjg forward to your coments on there show and why the judges dumped them.

same type of thing with White Sabers, except their score has not moved at all,........

makes ya wonder, don't it? Lower corps aren't moving, yet getting better every week.

• Like 5

makes ya wonder, don't it? Lower corps aren't moving, yet getting better every week.

Yeah... at the current rate, Sun will break a 77 by the Year 3000. :tongue:

• Like 1

Sorry but C2 is not "closing in on Bucs". They 5 points and 4 corps behind them. Absolutely they are improving and even with the forced marching of DCI Cadets will not make much difference. If anyone closed in on Bucs it was absolutely the Cabs who should've won last night. Cabs were phenomenal and Bucs not even close. How they beat Cabs color guard I have no idea. Bucs guard was all over the place.

I'm entertained by Cabs aggressiveness and their quality. That just isn't happening with Bucs.

Did I capture a ghost? There is a strange glow around the field in that spot.

3C208602-3019-4B8E-B30A-9841034728C8-27960-0000192BDE377468.jpg

Having been going to the Parade of Champions in Scranton for 40+ years, I definitely felt the spirit of drum corps past. A lot of memories going through my mind last night.

Watching DB pay his respects to the American Legion reps as Empire trooped the stands really heightened the realization that they are almost done.

As far as the results, I agreed with the placements in every caption for the most part. Bucs were the only show that I saw that didn't have a woops moment. Their performance last night was solid throughout.

I agree 100% - some are claiming Bucs should not have won guard - I think they deserved it!! They should have been winning it all season. I have a simple criteria for winning guard - the guard has to be in step as well. Sorry - you have to have feet in time AND be in step. That is a buzz kill when backing up people are completely out of step.......all season. It's the white elephant on the field for many -

• Like 1