OT: Hitler Reacts to Crown Championship

Love the Hitler vids. They are hilarious. I guess I could get my panties in a wad over it, but I don't feel he deserves that much respect from me. I don't make judgments for others.

• Like 2

Those of us who have been to the concentration camps in Germany, Poland, and Slovakia where this man murdered so many and those of us who have lost family members in service to our country because of the violance this man caused also do not find this video funny.

Huh? Did I sign something asking you to speak for me?

• Like 2

Hilarious! Sorry I couldn't help it. I tried not to laugh.

Huh? Did I sign something asking you to speak for me?

Much as you think Norm overreacted (I don't), I think you, 84BDsop and Garfield overreacted...he's talking about his family and him. That's all.

Why I guess I don't think he is overreacting is that I am imagining what I would feel like if I lost someone in my family at 9/11 and someone put a spoofy video to it attributing comments about two corps I very much admire. It would not be classy. He's entitled to his grief.

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 2

The only thing worse than ridiculing Hitler is not ridiculing Hitler.

Ridiculing Hitler is a perfectly right thing to do. And Pol Pot. And Stalin. And Mao. And Bin Laden.

• Like 3

Much as you think Norm overreacted (I don't), I think you, 84BDsop and Garfield overreacted...he's talking about his family and him. That's all.

Why I guess I don't think he is overreacting is that I am imagining what I would feel like if I lost someone in my family at 9/11 and someone put a spoofy video to it attributing comments about two corps I very much admire. It would not be classy. He's entitled to his grief.

Drilltech1. Can you please tone down the common sense? You make far too much reason.

You don't fit in.

I'm sorry you feel I over-reacted. It was not my intent to cause any ill feelings at all.

I just want to be able to grieve, celebrate, honor, condemn, and post the way I want to, without restriction based on how others think I should (the rules of DCP not-withstanding).

I recognize that's just me, and that we all have different ways of viewing different circumstances and events.

Edited by garfield

The only thing worse than ridiculing Hitler is not ridiculing Hitler.

Ridiculing Hitler is a perfectly right thing to do. And Pol Pot. And Stalin. And Mao. And Bin Laden.

Completely OT (well, maybe not) you might want to read 'Hitler's Last Secretary' by Traudl Junge (ISBN-13: 978-1559707282). It is amazing how bland and seemingly ordinary, even boring Hitler apparently was when he was not 'on-stage'.

The author is not a neo-nazi fellow traveler - it was written many years later through the lens of history, but based on her diary from the era; the first part of the book describes how she got the job. A fascinating read.

I just want to be able to grieve, celebrate, honor, condemn, and post the way I want to, without restriction based on how others think I should (the rules of DCP not-withstanding).

You can.

People got their knickers in a knot with another poster's opinion.

Funny how that works. "I have an opinion, but don't you dare tell me what I am thinking." - even if the concept of "you" is a generic statement on a public forum.

Interesting... True belief in one's opinion is not offended by someone else's comment.