2013 DCA World Championships Prelims

I think what he's trying to communicate is that Reading isn't anymore spectacular this year than last year or the year before or the year before that etc. etc. on back to 2005.

WOW - to say Reading isn't anymore spectacular than 2005 or any other year slams the entire circuit as well as the other corps. Unbelievable - to have other groups win just because it's time seems to be the implication. I thought everyone really put it out there last night.

Short changing an accomplishment - don't get it. Now bring critical with educated analysis comparing construction to sheet requirements or based on staging........

But not being moved or impressed by the level of Reading this year this not being impressed by anyone finishing lower -

One more thing - I LOVE 2013 DCA !!!!!

you are so biased. anything you say i take with a grain of salt.

What a stupid post. He's a Buc alum and he just said the Bucs didn't really cheer very hard for them.

Bleh.

What a stupid post. He's a Buc alum and he just said the Bucs didn't really cheer very hard for them.

Bleh.

I said nothing of the sort. All I said was they didn't get the biggest crowd response of the night, mostly in response to IlianaLancer's post about MBI's crowd response. No big deal though. Splitting hairs about crowd reaction last night would be like arguing about the best craft beer at PJ Whelihan's. In the end it won't matter much because everyone was happy.

Heck, last night's prelims crowd was more responsive than many finals crowds I've seen over the last ten years.

WOW - to say Reading isn't anymore spectacular than 2005 or any other year slams the entire circuit as well as the other corps. Unbelievable - to have other groups win just because it's time seems to be the implication.

I was in the 2005 corps.

If you lined up 2005 Bucs against 2013 Bucs, last nights corps likely would have won by five points or more, especially in terms of achievement and performance quality. Heck, I'm not sure the 2005 corps would have been in last night's top five. And believe me, that is no slam on the 2005 corps by any stretch. It just illustrates the quantum leap in quality we've seen over the last eight or nine years, which probably started with that very same 2005 Reading corps.

Edited by Kamarag

I'm not going to get hung up on placements I think some changes could happen though I was surprised to see Empire that high up.

• Like 1

Just got back to Yorktown - 2&1/2 hrs, not too bad- I pretty much agree w/ all but MBI - consensus in section 5, rows 20-22 was WTH was that? Did they hire the same show designers as Blue Devils? They (like BD) did perform it well, but they take the weird caption hands-down.

I am sure I will get flamed but that is my opinion...

It wasn't too hard to follow. There's no storyline. They're just communicating the idea to rip off the facade (and uniforms) of public persona and get down and dirty with your primal nature. :)

Well, I was in sec 5, row 22, seat 20. The folks around me loved MBI. I think that crowd loved everybody. If there was any "performed well, but boring" vibes it was for Bucs, until the last two minutes. Once they started the Baccinnale, all bets were off.

As far as crowd reactions go, though, here's what l felt it was like, in order:

1. Caballeros - biggest crowd pops by far. Multiple standing ovations.

2. Cadets2 - multiple standing ovations, and lots of "holy crap" type comments throughout

3. Statesmen - a few small ovations and e huge one at the end

4. Minnesota/Reading - Bucs fans going nuts at the start, as always. About even at the end. Minnesota had a lot more activity mid-show than Bucs

5. Atlanta

Last nights crowd was far and away the best I've seen at any prelims show in terms of simply enjoying the corps. And with good reason. Finals will be a sight to see.

John, looking at the audience from where I was at field level, Statesmen had more than a few "small ovations"... and one full-out standing ovation in-show, at the end of "Sing, Sing, Sing." Plus the one at the end.

It wasn't too hard to follow. There's no storyline. They're just communicating the idea to rip off the facade (and uniforms) of public persona and get down and dirty with your primal nature. :)

Watching their show... I've never felt so happy about being angry. :tongue:

John, looking at the audience from where I was at field level, Statesmen had more than a few "small ovations"... and one full-out standing ovation in-show, at the end of "Sing, Sing, Sing." Plus the one at the end.

Yea, I probably could have worded that better. Different kid of response than the other corps, for sure. I loved them last night. I kinda hope they come out tonight and break every rule DCA has. Go out with a bang :)

• Like 1