2013 DCA World Championships Prelims

As much as I enjoyed their performance, there is no way on this earth that Statesmen are above Cadets, Atlanta, and Fusion. That is completely absurd.

Maybe because it's their last year?

• Like 1

FUSION CORE -91.38

wow, they were Class A ,

2 years ago.

Great job.

Carol O'Brien!

• Like 2

As much as I enjoyed their performance, there is no way on this earth that Statesmen are above Cadets, Atlanta, and Fusion. That is completely absurd.

Agreed. CV really got the low end of that shaft.They had the most demanding drill of the four corps, were as clean or cleaner than those four corps, and played phenomenally. The only one I thought may have had a chance was C2.

• Like 1

I haven't enjoyed a show top-to-bottom like this since 1966 VFW Jr Nationals at Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City........ thoroughly all-out (or rather "all-in") performances across the board. Over 1,000 performers with a singular goal of being the best they can be !

THANK YOU. I was in that 1966 show.

That;s too bad... because they're pretty spectacular this year, and deserved every bit of that prelim win.

2013 -------------2012----------difference

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Empire Statesmen 94.10 -- 90.75 = 3.35

Fusion Core 91.38-- 84.88 = +6.50

Atlanta CV 92.25 - 87.03 = + 5.22

Cadets2 93.55 -- 91.60 = +1.95

Caballeros 96.18 --- 94.83 = +1.35

Minnesota Brass, Inc. 96.70--- -85.80 = +.90

Buccaneers 97.98 - 98.50 = --.48

• Like 1

With all due respect to Reading who I am sure deserves to win, to say I'm tired of watching them win would be a great understatement. Watching them for me is liking watching a Joe Satriani concert. Its great, but after a quarter of the show is over I'm people watching and have lost interest. They just don't move me.

I could not agree with you more on Reading was totally not into there show ,the ladders they spend more time moving then using them ,i got up and went to the kitchen to make a sandwich hoping they would be over by the time i got back .I found Minn. much more enjoyable to listen to and watch . And i also thought Empire should have been third they rocked the house ,

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 2

Agreed. CV really got the low end of that shaft.They had the most demanding drill of the four corps, were as clean or cleaner than those four corps, and played phenomenally. The only one I thought may have had a chance was C2.

When I talked to Alan after their run, he laughed and said, "We had a GREAT run in all captions....our scores will probably drop about 3 points!" They are all keeping it in perspective, and VERY excited about their score and placement. Highest score and placement in corps history, and highest placement for any corps from Georgia. SO proud of all of them!!

• Like 1

Open Class Prelims

1. 97.98 - Reading Buccaneers

2. 96.70 - Minnesota Brass

3. 96.18 - Hawthorne Caballeros

4. 94.10 - Empire Statesmen

5. 93.55 - Cadets2

6. 92.25 - Atlanta CV

7. 91.38 - Fusion Core

8. 87.75 - Bushwackers

9. 83.98 - Connecticut Hurricanes

10. 83.35 - Carolina Gold

---------------------------------

11. 81.03 - Sunrisers

12. 79.68 - Kilties

Will " Heartliner " Be giving an Exhibition at Final's as the " Inter-National Champion " ?