Boston Crusaders

Does the name "Academy" offend home-schoolers?

• Like 1

I don't follow you. (For starters, who is "the author"?) But that's OK; better not to let the conversation get too far off topic. So...

I got the impression that the person you referenced was hoping for a different poll outcome. A result that they might accept.

Does the name "Academy" offend home-schoolers?

No... but if they started a national Drum Corps I always wondered if somebody somewhere might be offended if they called themselves " The Homies Drum & Bugle Corps, and they brought all their " homies " fans to their show performances.

Edited by BRASSO

• 3 weeks later...

Looking over the schedule today and seen that you all are doing g7 shows for 214, is that a typo?

Another non G7 corps or two will also compete in a G7 show. Some DCP discussion shortly after the schedule was announced.

Edited by Ghost

Boston Bellefountaine's Satin's Angels.

Yes, Virginia, there was a Satin's Angels Drum and Bugle Corps.

Yes... and these little Angels allegedly wore satin unis too!( thus, the name )

The list of things that are offensive is not a slippery slope so I don't understand all the arguments like "what if this random person is offended by this random word!? Maddening!"... You really need to go on a case by case basis and base it in reality.

A lot of the factors to consider is does the offensive thing actually disenfranchise people in any way shape or form (does the name Redskins disguise a racist slur into being commonly accepted regardless of its offence?) and who exactly is complaining that it is offensive (is it a reasonably sized minority population of native Americans or college kids who are offended that it could possibly offend others?)

Edited by charlie1223