Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

Most excited about the improvement for the guys!!! A very difficult program that they are starting really cean and perform!!!

Agreed but history tells me no to be too optimistic. Atlanta tends to bring scores back into perspective. I guess tonight's contest will tell us if they've really improved that much as they'll be seeing the Blue Stars again. They've had some practice time as well so it's going to be close.

Edited by SFZFAN

That is true. But, if don't stay positive and put faith with your works, it defeats the whole purpose if your work. One thing Scott Stewart taught us was to always remain positive no matter what!

• Like 4

That is true. But, if don't stay positive and put faith with your works, it defeats the whole purpose if your work. One thing Scott Stewart taught us was to always remain positive no matter what!

Works for me!

And you're back!

I just get a kick out of people determining "placements" by comparing scores from different shows. It is so. incredibly. meaningless. If they place 8th on Saturday, that is an entirely different story. No disrespect meant.

Positivity is great...so is reality.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen a show change this much throughout the season. The good news is that this show is currently far more watchable than it was at any point during the season. Good on the designers for getting it to click much better. I'm sure everyone wishes this happened preseason, but what's important is that it really does seem far more watchable in its current state.

As I hoped, they finally put a running theme in the show. It's not Final Analysis like I kinda wished, but the ticking clock sound effects work to get some sort of point across. I wish it was a live effect rather than synth'd, but at least it fits in the grand scheme of the show without being overbearing. The percussion feature extension works pretty well, and the small edits to the Niner-Two ending chords and drill make it much more obvious that the show "ended". As such, the tag ending feels much more natural within the scheme of the show. I still miss that old ending...

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Positivity is my reality.....

• Like 2

Oh look, Madison beat Blue Stars by 1.2 tonight... The sky isn't falling yet, guys! :cool: