2014 show announcements?

"This Is What They Said"

Just have '06, '07, '08 flashbacks. I get that Crown proved that you can win with narration. But honestly, I want the Cadets to start innovating again. Voice/amps are in. They're being used. Bring something unique to the table.

I just want to remind you, and everybody, that next season will be 2014, an even year. We all know what that means for Cadets......

I just want to remind you, and everybody, that next season will be 2014, an even year. We all know what that means for Cadets......

a lot of electronics and vocals?

Wonder if Trooper's announcement might steer Cadets away from a show based in part on either Lincoln or Copland's Lincoln piece. Then again, they both did West Side a few years ago...

God, I hope so....

a lot of electronics and vocals?

A 5th place finish?

Whats your point ? That a belief in Numerology suggests that The Cadets are bound for somewhere between 3rd and 5th in even numbered years ? ( 3rd in '02, 4th in '04, 5th in '06, 5th in '08, 5th in '10, 4th in '12 ). I don't believe that Numerology has anything to do with what placement the Cadets receive. Numerology is junk " science. Besides, it all goes out the window when we realize that The Cadets won titles in the even numbered years of '84, '90, '98, 2000. My guess however is that you don't really believe in numerology either, but your comments were just stated in jest.

Edited by BRASSO

A performance field will need to be relined?

no that was 2nd place

Cavaliers Announce 2014 Program Concept & Repertoire

http://www.cavaliers.org/news/cavaliers-announce-2014-design-team

After months of conference calls and meetings, the team has narrowed in on the 2014 program concept and repertoire.

Musical resources for the show will include compositions by Dmitri Shostakovich, Camille Saint-Saëns, Gustav Mahler, Henry Purcell, and an exciting contemporary work by Stephen Melillo, titled 'A Walk on the Water.'

Edited by Dave Scott

Cavaliers Announce 2014 Program Concept & Repertoire [...] After months of conference calls and meetings, the team has narrowed in on the 2014 program concept and repertoire. Musical resources for the show will include compositions by Dmitri Shostakovich, Camille Saint-Saëns, Gustav Mahler, Henry Purcell, and an exciting contemporary work by Stephen Melillo, titled 'A Walk on the Water.'

According to CorpsReps, only one Purcell work has been performed by a corps before: the "Rondeau" from Abdelazar (also known as The Moor's Revenge) by Oregon in 2012. Shall we guess which Purcell work the Cavaliers are considering? "When I Am Laid in Earth" from Dido and Aeneas? The opening march from Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary? Something from King Arthur or The Indian Queen?