2014 show announcements?

How so?

"This Is What They Said"

Just have '06, '07, '08 flashbacks. I get that Crown proved that you can win with narration. But honestly, I want the Cadets to start innovating again. Voice/amps are in. They're being used. Bring something unique to the table.

• Like 2

Hi all--

Beem a while since I've visited. I see there have been some forum upgrades . . .

Anyway, last year there was a thread for show announcements, but I don't see one for the upcoming year. Is there one?

Last year's thread boss, NewSkool, is unable to do it this year.So I am going to give it a shot.

Much thanks to NewSkool for his effort on the 2013 list!

Here is the new thread.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/158240-2014-programs/

"This Is What They Said"

Just have '06, '07, '08 flashbacks. I get that Crown proved that you can win with narration. But honestly, I want the Cadets to start innovating again. Voice/amps are in. They're being used. Bring something unique to the table.

I don't get too excited or disappointed at this point of the pre season. We all know its the "how you put it together" vs the "what your theme is" that makes a show. I was extremely excited for the Cadets last year and they wound up .2 from 4th place because of towers and a weak visual program despite the amazing music. I think Sully may add to the mix in a positive way.

I get that Crown proved that you can win with narration.

Pretty sure it was Cadets who proved you can win with narration ... in 2005.

• Like 1

The band I teach is doing music from Pollock as our opener, and George told us when he judged us that it was on his mind as a possibility for the Cadets.

Didn't Cadets play some Pollock in 2006?

I really like SCV's use of "One Man Show" from that film in 2003.

• Like 2

if PR does another story show, I'm going to jump off a cliff.

who knows, PR might do a show on Greek Mythology revolving around Palaemon, Corax, Theseus, Aegeus, etc and the approx. 24 other Greek Gods and Goddesses that mythology tells us came to an end by jumping off a cliff. So don't give up hope just yet, as you just might relate well to some storyline like this, who knows.

Edited by BRASSO

Tolkien's writings prominently feature characters who jump or fall from cliffs, often fatally (Gollum, Nienor, Maedhros, Eol, Maglor), but sometimes not (Elwing, Gandalf). It's as prominent a motif in his mythos as the better-known theme of hand injuries (Sauron, Beren, Frodo, Gwindor, Maedhros (again)). I'd almost certainly prefer a Phantom Regiment "Silmarillion" to anything that Peter Jackson could devise.

• Like 1