Phantom Regiment 2014

woah....that headgear resmbles headgear that is quite infamous... good thing they never did a tour in the southern US

haha! (.. however, methinks you have your Georgrahy confused from the the 50's.. and yes, this Canadian Sr. Corps DID do tour in the South in the 50's as a matter of fact, and all the way down to Miami. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Whew. Such harsh comments (from a couple of posters in particular). It's almost tiring reading constant negative remarks. Now, it's just become comical. SMH.....but I have to just chuckle.

That said...... I guess I am in the minority here. I'm no "expert"....just a fan (and not a Phan.....yet). But, I really love the music that I've heard so far. I think the ballad is beautiful! I like this different take on Swan Lake, and I'm puzzled by so much dismissal of a show, so early on.

I also really like the uniforms! Shocking, I know! There were pics posted on FB that showed many MMs, at a bit of a distance....and I thought the white upper portion looked very cool and "swan-like", (in a graphic, abstract way). And, the dangly things gave a cool, feathery effect. We'll see how it looks on the move, but I'm sold, so far. The color guard is simply beautiful, and again, a pic on FB showing them in action was just lovely.

SMH again at the comments about the uni change. Looks great to me. Dark and dramatic. Can't wait to see it all on the field. Love Swan Lake. Loved The Black Swan. Think I'm going to love this show. Might just end up becoming a Phan!

• Like 8

dude, if it were quality, i wouldn't say anything. this is amateur and tacky.i haven't seen BD's guard unis yet. it has been well documented that i'm not a fan of their choices either (comparing '11 to QR codes).######## at me won't make me "give it a rest." until Regiment can produce the quality design that their members deserve, then i'm going to be ########. this uni is ugly and embarrassing.PS: you can always block my comments if you choose to. but then again, hearing only what we want to hear is second nature.PSS: btw, how they've constructed the show and the elements they're using aren't much different that what's been used the past several years. the show is using the same formulaic approach. the music is more effect driven. adding a crazy looking uni on top of things doesn't change the fact the HOW.

It's a shame that your obvious dislike of someone on the board of the corps has poisoned any and everything Regiment for you. Take my advice, go find something to be positive about...if that is possible and stick with it. Your spleen will thank you for it. And oh, by the way, I would go back and look at a few of your posts before calling anything else amateurish or tacky.....

• Like 2

It's a shame that your obvious dislike of someone on the board of the corps has poisoned any and everything Regiment for you. Take my advice, go find something to be positive about...if that is possible and stick with it. Your spleen will thank you for it. And oh, by the way, I would go back and look at a few of your posts before calling anything else amateurish or tacky.....

you can oversimplify it to that point, but it's not quite that easy.

i'll be as unpleasant as i see fit, ######!

• Like 2

The attacks on posters for simply giving their opinions is getting tired and lame by now, imo

• Like 2

you can oversimplify it to that point, but it's not quite that easy.

i'll be as unpleasant as i see fit, ######!

It is possible to give your opinion (as negative or as positive as it may be) without being a dbag about it. Just saying.

• Like 2