Phantom Regiment 2014

The design team needs a come to Jesus meeting after this season.

amen brother

I was wrong about BK overtaking PR. BK is definitely performing at a higher level. BK has a more interesting drill package, and the brass arrangements are better. But the source material is just as weak as Regiment, and the story line is just as muddled.

would you like to explain how the BK story line is muddled?

• Like 1

The design team needs a come to Jesus meeting after this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are some staff shakeups. Who will be the first to go? :P

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out their will be staff changes after this season. All corps do this after a rough season. Who it will be I don't know as we cant compete with the money that BD, SCV, Etc.have to spend on their staff. We do pretty well considering. What usually happens staff become successful and establish their reputation and consequently are offered the big bucks and they leave to go on to greener pastures. We certainly our secure money wise and continue to do well. Will have to wait and see what the future holds. I am sure they are more than likely working towards making changes for next season already.

Edited by grammie12

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out their will be staff changes after this season. All corps do this after a rough season. Who it will be I don't know as we cant compete with the money that BD, SCV, Etc.have to spend on their staff. We do pretty well considering. What usually happens staff become successful and establish their reputation and consequently are offered the big bucks and they leave to go on to greener pastures. We certainly our secure money wise and continue to do well. Will have to wait and see what the future holds. I am sure they are more than likely working towards making changes for next season already.

Or they get run off because they won't do as ordered or the rest of the staff leads a mutiny against them (see JD & Paul).

• Like 1

Regiment's well known internal political challenges aside, a "nice job" to the percussion section for cleaning up so nicely. The snareline in particular is noticeably better.

The second piece somehow reminds me of an 80s drum solo, and it makes me long for a more powerful snare sound. The snares sound like they are playing with concert sticks there, and it feels weak. I would love to hear it with that heavy, loud cutaway snare sound. :-)

• Like 1

Or they get run off because they won't do as ordered or the rest of the staff leads a mutiny against them (see JD & Paul).

Not this sh** again. Please go away. Now.

I disagree. Sounds like you are grasping for straws here.

Just trying to be objective, giving credit where it's due.

Thanks for pointing out that BK is performing at a higher level, but I also think their source material and design is at a higher level as well, and it seems most of the drum corps community would agree with that this year.

The soundtrack to A Beautiful Mind is pretty, but I don't consider it "high level." Same with the soundtrack to Signs. Both may be appropriate for the show theme, but high level source material? (and I'd argue that the Beautiful Mind soundtrack is used to death in the first several minutes of the show). What is one of the complaints we've heard about Regiment's show? Using James Horner and James Newton Howard source material. Yet this is what Blue Knights did, and it's considered "higher level" source material.

But as I said, BK's brass arrangements are superior and more effective (given the source material). Jay Bocook runs circles around Don Hill.

Just trying to be objective, giving credit where it's due.

The soundtrack to A Beautiful Mind is pretty, but I don't consider it "high level." Same with the soundtrack to Signs. Both may be appropriate for the show theme, but high level source material? (and I'd argue that the Beautiful Mind soundtrack is used to death in the first several minutes of the show). What is one of the complaints we've heard about Regiment's show? Using James Horner and James Newton Howard source material. Yet this is what Blue Knights did, and it's considered "higher level" source material.

But as I said, BK's brass arrangements are superior and more effective (given the source material). Jay Bocook runs circles around Don Hill.

Would you please stop being so objective? You stick out here... :tounge2:

• Like 1