Bluecoats 2014

This is false, actually. It has closed since Akron.

The closest was 2 shows ago, yes, but the past 2 have been a consistent .9

I forgot Akron. Sorry.

Just had a great idea for the ending. Don't know if the cadets are gonna like it though...do I really have to say it?

jingle bells? nOoooo

Ok, I guess I have to spell it out...

http://youtu.be/AufYVSxF37o?t=2m7s

Brass guy already putting the musicians over the book. Wheels are gonna fall off this train soon. They'll start floundering in the GE captions, as well, when they realize there is no depth to the design.

I am assuming you mean Cadets - then we are in agreement.

• Like 2

I am assuming you mean Cadets - then we are in agreement.

Yeah I predict that the Cadets show is going to plateau by the end of July while Bloo will surge in finals week

• Like 1

The scores demonstrate competition now... with total score falling within 2 points and captions within 1 to .5... and with the coats winning at least one.

Good news is that guard scores are the most flexible scores on the sheet. Nothing changes in a show through the course of a season more than guard work.

Bluecoats need to focus on GE. Also keep in mind that difficulty does not exclusively dictate comp and rep scores. The most difficult show does not automatically earn highest comp and rep. The most complete and formally refined one does. This is why Ron Nelson shows can compete with Sam Barber... and Don Ellis for that matter.

• Like 1

Yeah I predict that the Cadets show is going to plateau by the end of July while Bloo will surge in finals week

Hmm, I watched Cadets rehearsal all day and the show has the content and demand (I saw it and the judges agree). They are no where near peaking as they have a lot of ensemble responsibilities and they were getting hammered by the brass caption leader and the marching dude in the box all day so the peaking early idea is flawed. Yes, they are performing at a very high level but that is not atypical for a group that will contend in August.

As for the Coats, I loved the show, they are performing very well and will be in the thick of things also come August but I wouldnt assume the Cadets are going to fizzle anytime this season. They are running on all cylinders and those GE scores are consistently very favorable so there is some

decent agreement thus far by the judging community that the "design" is there. Personally, I think these are 2 of the top 3 comes finals.

Edited by theCHEZman

Love the show this season - hoping color guard can make some changes to add more to the show - I find that they spend alot of time doing movement that gets kind of lost and doesn't add to the big picture - and the "V" poles in the ballad need to go - they aren't adding anything at all to help color the music visually. Although I love the opening statement with the rifles - also not sure it's big enough as a statement.

Really pulling for this show this year!

later,

Mike

• Like 1

Love the show this season - hoping color guard can make some changes to add more to the show - I find that they spend alot of time doing movement that gets kind of lost and doesn't add to the big picture - and the "V" poles in the ballad need to go - they aren't adding anything at all to help color the music visually. Although I love the opening statement with the rifles - also not sure it's big enough as a statement.

Really pulling for this show this year!

later,

Mike

Yeah it's very apparent that the entire visual program was "added on". Musically the ebb and flow of the design communicates really well. But visually there *is* no ebb and flow -- it seems more like a series of "what can we do here" . I don't know -- seems like visual is always an afterthought. There's not a moment in the show where things are visually inevitable.

The "v"'s could work if (1) the popped a little more visually (2) the work was absolutley perfectly synchonized. If you find the right area to watch, the effect is pretty cool and ties body and equipment together really effectively. But as soon as there's a timing issue all the effect dissolves in an instant.