Cadets camp

dans

I actually like My Dinner with Andre, but if it were adapted for drum corps, I wouldn't want it to include narration.

Hmmm..maybe a show based on two films..."Eating Raoul" and "The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover". Would be a VERY bizarre show!

"Is this dinner Spanish?"

"No...Portugese". :tounge2:

• Like 1

Nixon in China has some great music. I mean many of the Watergate tapes are public now....great material to use :tounge2:

Every saturday nite as Gov. of Arkansas, Former President Bill Clinton himself could have utilized the services of a Professiional Story Teller. ( and come to think of it, as President too.. :tounge2: )

• Like 1

Man, this thread has WIN written all over it! Gotta have a Reagan line that says, "Mr. Gorbachev...tear down these towers!"

• Like 2

I think it has potential. musically obviously i have good expectations and I'm sure they'll deliver. Then we just have to wait and see what the story is and how it's applied.

I don't mind talking or stories or whatever. But the one word that pops into my mind that worries is me is "boring". Is this show with dialogue and tried and true literature going to be boring? Is this going to be like Disney's Hall of the Presidents??

http://youtu.be/moytOpK0Wkk?t=10m10s

*btw how do I embed youtube vids with the new editor?

Edited by charlie1223

I don't mind talking or stories or whatever. But the one word that pops into my mind that worries is me is "boring". Is this show with dialogue and tried and true literature going to be boring? Is this going to be like Disney's Hall of the Presidents??

http://youtu.be/moytOpK0Wkk?t=10m10s

Lol. This cracks me up !

Not sure your worry is unfounded -- feel the same way. BUT -- if 2013 taught us anything -- it's that good music played really well can save even the most questionable concepts !

• Like 1

Lol. This cracks me up !

Not sure your worry is unfounded -- feel the same way. BUT -- if 2013 taught us anything -- it's that good music played really well can save even the most questionable concepts !

If I'm being honest, even if Appalachian Spring or Linclon's Portrait was played impeccably and arranged masterfully I would find it boring... :/ It doesn't immedietly sound like a show that a judge will want to put in 1st place and I'm not sure it sounds like a show that will be the TOP fan favorite either.... If there is a difference in the two shouldn't a show at the very least lean in one direction or the other? Seems like they may be out of ideas?? time will tell as always...

Edited by charlie1223

If I'm being honest, even if Appalachian Spring or Linclon's Portrait was played impeccably and arranged masterfully I would find it boring... :/

I saw Cadets '13 at their preview. What I saw (and heard) at the end of the season changed my mind.

Granted - very different source music between that show and this one (so far, at least). But you probably had a similar reaction when Vanguard announced in '09. SCV changed my mind then as well.