Cadets camp

dans

Wayne Harris does some great work. Check out SCVWG's show from 2012. Used him to tell the story of John Henry, and was really well done. I'm optimistic about this

Very interesting ;)

I think he's talking about the towers from 2013, and quoting Reagan talking about the Berlin Wall.

Anyway, CADETS 2014 IS NOT GONNA MAKE FINALS BECAUSE OF NARRATION, END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT, THE WORLD IS ENDING BLAH BLAH BLAH...

....here we go again. :thumbdown:

Easy, easy... It was just a play on words and quotes. I never implied this show was not going to make finals or be rotten. I've been mostly supportive of the Cadets if you look at my history. Please relax. I'm sure it will be fine...

Easy, easy... It was just a play on words and quotes. I never implied this show was not going to make finals or be rotten. I've been mostly supportive of the Cadets if you look at my history. Please relax. I'm sure it will be fine...

What are you talking about? The second part of my post had nothing to do with you. Only the first part.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I don't see how this will be anything BUT a polarizing show. The narration in and of itself has already got people talking. Then add Hop's political take and quoting dead presidents and whooooo-doggie!!

... You thought "...pursuit of happiness" was preachy?

Unless there's some sort of mystical design angle they're going to take that no one's ever done with the spoken word, I don't see how this show "pushes the envelope" of narration. It will be great music, with great percussion, whose effect will be watered down by what will most likely be passable narration at best, resulting in an overall average show.

I want the Cadets to start innovating again.

• Like 1

I highly doubt this narration will be "passable". If they extract most of the narration from Lincoln Portrait and add bits here and there, then this certainly has the potential to be one of the most powerful shows yet.

I don't see how this will be anything BUT a polarizing show. The narration in and of itself has already got people talking. Then add Hop's political take and quoting dead presidents and whooooo-doggie!!

... You thought "...pursuit of happiness" was preachy?

Unless there's some sort of mystical design angle they're going to take that no one's ever done with the spoken word, I don't see how this show "pushes the envelope" of narration. It will be great music, with great percussion, whose effect will be watered down by what will most likely be passable narration at best, resulting in an overall average show.

I want the Cadets to start innovating again.

I know the feels...

Wow. People are really down on this show already. I'm gonna give it some more time (at least until the next camp!).

What has been so innovative about the last few years "championship shows"? Crown was a well designed show and rightfully won and BD before that maybe a bit more innovated but neither did anything that was OMG, that was never done! All corps are semi-recycling music and concepts that have been performed somewhere. A show doesn't even have to be pleasing or enjoyable to the audience to win (several BD shows of late), just must be constructed and performed well and better than the other groups.

• Like 1

I highly doubt this narration will be "passable". If they extract most of the narration from Lincoln Portrait and add bits here and there, then this certainly has the potential to be one of the most powerful shows yet.

I hope you're right and they prove me wrong. But based off their previous outings with Alice and her crew, the kid who had amazing things happen when he played his trumpet, and the reflective and pensive grandmother, I don't have high hopes.

• Like 1