The Cadets - 2014

Reading the comments today and over the weekend on DCP can be headache inducing

I can always tell when the Cadets are in the midwest and "their" favorite corps are getting beat - suddenly Cadets are boring blah blah blah

Same crap, different year...

The trick is to ignore those commenters (give them their respect of having their opinion, but not letting them turn your opinion into a negative one). In some circles, Cadets will never be liked or appreciated. It's a fact of life. I've lived through it.

• Like 2

I can always tell when the Cadets are in the midwest and "their" favorite corps are getting beat - suddenly Cadets are boring blah blah blah

Good Lord.....you took the words right out of my mouth. It would not have made any sense for me to comment on anything. All I said was, "thank you for your comments."

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Good Lord.....you took the words right out of my mouth. It would not have made any sense for me to comment on anything. All I said was, "thank you for your comments."

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Very true. I understand comments on performance levels, and show design, but the blanket statements people make are rough.

I really like all 4 of the top shows this year, and would be happy if any one of them ends up being the Champion.

Very true. I understand comments on performance levels, and show design, but the blanket statements people make are rough.

I really like all 4 of the top shows this year, and would be happy if any one of them ends up being the Champion.

I totally agree. All 4 are quite different and very high quality. Why can't more folks be open minded?

• Like 1

today's lazy man's schedule:

Monday, July 14th --

8:30 AM Arrive at Housing
10:00 AM Breakfast ( quick )
11:00 AM day
11:10 AM S and R
11:45 AM Visual Hour
12:45 PM Fast snack/lunch
1:15 PM Sectionals
2:15 PM Set up
2:30 PM ensemble
3:45 PM eat and prepare for show
5:15 PM Depart from school --- no packing so 90 minutes
6:15 PM Corps arrives in Unison
6:45 PM Guard -- meet and greet until 7:15 pm
7:02 PM Two ensembles at 7:02 pm and 7:14 pm
8:35 PM Gate
8:51 PM Performance
10:15 PM Corps heads back to Housing
Staff bus for Critique
11:00 PM Corps Back for snack
12:30 AM Lights out … WHEW

Honest to God... how the Cadets' show this year is considered "boring" is beyond me.

If someone who had never seen a drum corps before came to me and asked me to show them one from this year to see what it's all about, I'd show them the 2014 Cadets. IMO, it's a program that anyone can "get"... on any level they choose.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

Did the Cadets lose tenors due to injury? If so, how long will they be out? I am concerned that this could impact their score.

Did the Cadets lose tenors due to injury? If so, how long will they be out? I am concerned that this could impact their score.

I heard they're out because of injuries but will be back on the field on Saturday.

The quads will be back in. I know one of them has a hip flexor injury which just needs to heal with rest and the other is new, I heard an ankle. They are doing the right thing letting them rest and heal.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I loved the Cadets last year and thought they put on one of the best musical arrangements in history onto the field. This year, I hate their show. Not everyone is a blind hater. They're boring this year in my opinion. Being extremely biased and hating on a corps blindly is just as bad as calling others haters for not liking a corps.