The Cadets - 2014

I've noticed that too.

The fuses for a lot of corps' respective honks seem to be much shorter this year. Maybe that's because there's not one generally accepted "bad" show this year to heap our respective snark upon. Folks are doling it out as they see fit, from multiple angles and therefore, the Guardians of the Good Name for each corps have to work a little harder to defend.

Entertaining at least. :)

This is spot on, chaddyt!

There ARE more short fuses this year . . . . . and that's GREAT!

Why? There are several corps presenting entertaining and high level shows, maybe best-ever for some. One's favorite corps MUST win in a year like this and there's a natural urge to help push them forward. I love it! You know, this is a year the entire Finals group will 'knock it out of the park' at Indy. Someone placing 6-7th might be putting forth their strongest corps in several years. That's tension.

I'm older than most here, have seen plenty. I can tell you, during the early DCI-East years, we removed people from the stands several times over the two days of Prelims. Some booked for disorderly conduct, and more. There were punches, hitting each other over the head with umbrellas, spilling drinks over the person sitting in front. THIS IS ALL WRONG, OF COURSE! But, It was indicative of the passion for what was happening. Electricity at that level is not often seen any more. Thank goodness for that! If we want to sell more tickets, more products, and so forth, a year like this will work.

Honestly, I haven't felt this good about DCI in decades. I think it's turned a corner that will elevate everyone. I've spoken with several of my vintage who no longer attend as they once did. This year is different, they're going! Allentown might be a raucous place once again. The entering corps will exude that gravity coming in, and they'll leave totally spent. Can't wait !

• Like 3

I've already given those folks the opportunity to revise their predictions :tounge2: . They can't handle the Cadets still being on the podium. Let me get this out of the way right now....after Indy has come and gone I'm not the type of person who will come back and say, "I told you so." I will simply take my drum corps hat off and get ready for the color guard season. And the beat goes on.....

Irving

Fan of the Arts

It's not a podium, it's a stage,,

It's not a podium, it's a stage,,

It's a stage? Yeah, that is what our pediatrician keeps telling us about our toddler...

• Like 1

I'm older than most here, have seen plenty. I can tell you, during the early DCI-East years, we removed people from the stands several times over the two days of Prelims. Some booked for disorderly conduct, and more. There were punches, hitting each other over the head with umbrellas, spilling drinks over the person sitting in front. THIS IS ALL WRONG, OF COURSE! But, It was indicative of the passion for what was happening. Electricity at that level is not often seen any more. Thank goodness for that! If we want to sell more tickets, more products, and so forth, a year like this will work.

Some things are worse now. There are people who bring Taco Bell to eat at the stadium, causing others to wish they had some.

A couple hours later, those downwind are not so lucky.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1

Some things are worse now. There are people who bring Taco Bell to eat at the stadium, causing others to wish they had some.

A couple hours later, those downwind are not so lucky.

YIKES!

But, just ONE MORE REASON to purchase the FanNetwork!

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

Luckily for me, I don't think there's a Taco Bell within walking distance of the Alamodome in San Antonio.

wow - this guy obviously is lip synching - he is way too thin to have some a deep voice - clearly not his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTa0fBGt8tw

Edited by George Dixon