SCV's announcement soon!

I REALLY hated the idea of SCV doing Les. Mis, but I enjoyed their show a lot last year.

Yea I didn't like the idea of them doing it either but once I saw it I was blown away.

Yeah, I agree. When I first heard this announcement my initial thought was "AGAIN?!?!?! TOO SOON!" But between JD Shaw & Rennick, I'm fairly excited for anything they want to give us! I'd rather hear new stuff than rehashed concept shows, but I was wrong last year about Les Mis. I REALLY hated the idea of SCV doing Les. Mis, but I enjoyed their show a lot last year. I can admit I'm wrong (maybe not to my wife :tounge2: ), especially in regards to last year, and in light of that I can put aside my reservations about SCHEHERAZADE being redone and wait to see what SCV delivers this summer

I'll answer your post...

Yes, JD Shaw and Rennick are quite a force. A lot of what they have produced over the years has been absolutely incredible. Dream team? With Weber? Wow!!!!

New stuff? Incredible - absolutely incredible. So Vanguard of them. Almost like it's part of the corps name.

So suffice to say, my viewpoint is the issue. I think I am the problem. I want the "Vanguard" part of what they do so well. I am wrong then.

Edited by LincolnV

Yeah, I agree. When I first heard this announcement my initial thought was "AGAIN?!?!?! TOO SOON!" But between JD Shaw & Rennick, I'm fairly excited for anything they want to give us! I'd rather hear new stuff than rehashed concept shows, but I was wrong last year about Les Mis. I REALLY hated the idea of SCV doing Les. Mis, but I enjoyed their show a lot last year. I can admit I'm wrong (maybe not to my wife :tounge2: ), especially in regards to last year, and in light of that I can put aside my reservations about SCHEHERAZADE being redone and wait to see what SCV delivers this summer

yeah my wife is a huge Les Miz snob....she compares drum corps version to Broadway LOL.

she wasn't sold on SCV on tv, but live...yeah she was hooked. I still liked 89 Cadets more personally, but SCV was a #### close 2nd

I'll answer your post...

Yes, JD Shaw and Rennick are quite a force. A lot of what they have produced over the years has been absolutely incredible. Dream team? With Weber? Wow!!!!

New stuff? Incredible - absolutely incredible. So Vanguard of them. Almost like it's part of the corps name.

So suffice to say, my viewpoint is the issue. I think I am the problem. I want the "Vanguard" part of what they do so well. I am wrong then.

yet...a lot of SCV myth has been based on music they did before! YPG, Bottle Dance, the Russian Years in the mid 80's, App Spring, Hell even Phantom of the Opera.....if you look at SCV past, you see some stuff done multiple times.

Now, if they really want to reel me in, bring back Saigon!

BD does rehashes? I don't recognize them.

That's because they do them in 1/2 measure increments now.

• Like 2

yet...a lot of SCV myth has been based on music they did before! YPG, Bottle Dance, the Russian Years in the mid 80's, App Spring, Hell even Phantom of the Opera.....if you look at SCV past, you see some stuff done multiple times.

Yes. Yes please.

Ooooo Saigon would be cool! (or any new musical really)

I've been waiting for SCV to do a show about magic and just fill it with all the magic tricks from the 80s (and hopefully some new ones).

I hope its as good as ten years ago!

The drumlins that year could flat out play. Absolutely were just ripping things all summer. Excited to see what Rennick does with the percussion book!!!