SCV's announcement soon!

Logo looks GREAT! Will have to buy a tee!

SCV1175_scv2014scheherazadelogo620x509_2

Actually, from a graphic design point of view, I have a lot of issues with this. In addition to the afore-mentioned lettering weirdness, I note: busy and cluttered lay-out; odd and subdued color palette; discordant use of a photo (eyes) hovering over the simple 2-D buildings; the shimmering water effect at bottom (signifying what?). And what's with all the minarets?

Come on SCV, you gotta up your graphics game!

• Like 3

Maybe it's a hint - they are going to play the music backwards...

Maybe it's a hint - they are going to play the music backwards...

haha!... if they did they'd have to call it " Edazarehehcs... live by 2 words. "

Edited by BRASSO

Actually, from a graphic design point of view, I have a lot of issues with this. In addition to the afore-mentioned lettering weirdness, I note: busy and cluttered lay-out; odd and subdued color palette; discordant use of a photo (eyes) hovering over the simple 2-D buildings; the shimmering water effect at bottom (signifying what?). And what's with all the minarets?

Come on SCV, you gotta up your graphics game!

I completely agree. I am a huge SCV fan, but I have seldom liked the design of their merchandise. From a design standpoint, it's a big old mess. So weird from a corps that has had some of the best visual designers in the business. Do they just cheap out the merch design? Honestly, their stuff typically looks to me like someone in-house with an outdated copy of Publisher threw it together. I still buy it cuz I love and want to support the corps, but I'd like to see something with some actual design value.

• Like 1

SCV's 2012 tour shirt was great.

SCV_2012_starry_full__85987.1360219412.1

• Like 1

Truth be told, I am a bit torn over SCV's selection of Scheherazade. On the plus side, the work is a perfect match for SCV's style. Scheherazade is a luscious piece of music, and if you have never heard the original in it's entirety, you owe it to yourself to do so right now (preferably with a high resolution recording, using good headphones or stereo gear). Rimsky-Korsakov is a superlative orchestrator, up there with Ottorino Respighi. Scheherazade is ear-candy from beginning to end, and spell-binding throughout.

Can't disagree with that! I just played he original with the Sinfonietta Nova orchestra here in NJ. An amazing piece.

• 2 weeks later...

About to go watch them practice...

About to go watch them practice...

What did you think? I haven't heard anything about this show aside from the original announcement.