SCV's announcement soon!

Is it the issue with securing rights that is making everyone hesitant to move beyond what has already been done?

Could be part of it is that when people do things that are new and modern, people complain that it's too modern and weird? So they try and reach the audience by bringing something back to give it a fresh take. It's a 40 minute piece of music, I'm sure there are new areas for SCV to explore.

• Like 1

I just hope the guard jingles again :-)

I just watched that show again on the Fan Network. I remember our guard being absolutely gorgeous in the 80's, but wow! That 04 guard was just simply beautiful!

• Like 1

I just watched that show again on the Fan Network. I remember our guard being absolutely gorgeous in the 80's, but wow! That 04 guard was just simply beautiful!

It was fun just hearing them walk! And you could hear those belts jingle at quite some distance.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

You aren't the only one.

All that seasoned instructional talent but a show from the past.

Is it the issue with securing rights that is making everyone hesitant to move beyond what has already been done?

Count me as #3. SCV 2004 wasn't really that great to me, although I was happy to see them place as high as they did. People talk so much about rehashed shows from other corps so it kind of surprises me that most people are really giddy about the fact their playing this music again. To each his own I guess.

• Like 1

You aren't the only one.

All that seasoned instructional talent but a show from the past.

Partial list of Corps thart have played Nikolai Rimsky- Korsakov's version of " Scheherazade ";

1950 St. Vincent's Cadets

1972 Poughkeepsie Pacers

1974 84th Bucktail Regiment

1977 Pioneer

1978 Guelph Royalaires

1978 Empire State Express

1980 CapitolAires

1981 Archer Epler Musketeers

1991 Dimension

1999 Yokahama Robins

2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

2005 U.S. Naval Academy D & B Corps

2010 Minnesota Brass

2011 Phantom Knights

2014 Santa Clara Vanguard

I generally like recognizable music, so I'm actually looking forward to 2014 SCV's. treatment of it.

Edited by BRASSO

Will there be a return of the "Vanguard" shout, 2004 was just about the best ever!

Its not the yell I want to return, its the full corps toast that happened at the same time as the yell in 2004. One of the few times I have issue with a shot Tom Blair has chosen. The shot from backfield is great for seeing the crowd do the yell, but you pretty much miss the toast.

Z

Partial list of Corps thart have played Nikolai Rimsky- Korsakov's version of " Scheherazade ";

1950 St. Vincent's Cadets

1972 Poughkeepsie Pacers

1974 84th Bucktail Regiment

1977 Pioneer

1978 Guelph Royalaires

1978 Empire State Express

1980 CapitolAires

1981 Archer Epler Musketeers

1991 Dimension

1999 Yokahama Robins

2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

2005 U.S. Naval Academy D & B Corps

2010 Minnesota Brass

2011 Phantom Knights

2014 Santa Clara Vanguard

I generally like recognizable music, so I'm actually looking forward to 2014 SCV's. treatment of it.

Unfortunately the fan network only has one of those available to view, and that's 2004

I generally don't mind a corps playing music that has been done in the past. What bothers me is that when some corps do it, they get blasted about their lack of innovation and creativity and "mail in" designs, and when other corps do it, we break out the champagne and reminisce of fabulous yesteryears being repeated.

• Like 1