Not Excited - Boredom has Set in

To me there is very little worse in the world than people who think they are better than everyone else (ie Snobs).

I don't want to be around snobs or band moms/parents.....I want to be surrounded by drum corps fans. Unfortunately the latter is becoming harder and harder to find at dc shows...... :(

I think, like most things in life, the true answer is not black/white, snob/Walmart. Drum Corps fans tend to be somewhere in the middle, which most not yelling nonsense mid-show, but not giving just golf claps either: lots of vocal cheers for awesome moments.

Also, as someone else mentioned, I bet there are plenty of drum corps fans that are pretty big snobs about the activity, with their own sense of entitled, "this is what I think the activity should be and if its not exactly that it's awful and not drum corps."

• Like 1

Probably repressed memories (especially since RAMD was involved).

undoubtedly true. i tried to limit my RAMD intake around that time and stayed on RAMB far more. we had a nice happy posting famliy there and we successfully repelled she-who-must-not-be-named from our little newsgroup.

anyway i remember the brouhaha. i just don't remember the "drum corps is dead to me" drama.

oh no i's a big ole we............WE.....all, on that football field!!!!!!!!!.......but you are proving my point..thanks :augen51:

I am unaccustomed in using the "we" vernacular when I can only really talk for myself. I don't pretend to speak for others, that would be silly.

I think, like most things in life, the true answer is not black/white, snob/Walmart. Drum Corps fans tend to be somewhere in the middle, which most not yelling nonsense mid-show, but not giving just golf claps either: lots of vocal cheers for awesome moments.

Also, as someone else mentioned, I bet there are plenty of drum corps fans that are pretty big snobs about the activity, with their own sense of entitled, "this is what I think the activity should be and if its not exactly that it's awful and not drum corps."

Very true. But then again it's just marching band after all. I certainly don't think it's bad from a quality point of view, just it's lack of purpose as marching band.

I am unaccustomed in using the "we" vernacular when I can only really talk for myself. I don't pretend to speak for others, that would be silly.

well seems like there has been several who agree...with the like button.................and although WE cant speak for each other experience cant be ignored either

well seems like there has been several who agree...with the like button.................and although WE cant speak for each other experience cant be ignored either

Theodore Rockwell, who served as technical director for the U.S. Navy’s nuclear-propulsion program in the 1950s and ’60s, shared a telling anecdote about his onetime boss, the famously irascible Adm. Hyman G. Rickover. “One time he caught me using the editorial we, as in ‘we will get back to you by. . . .’ ” Rockwell recalled in his memoir, “The Rickover Effect.” “He explained brusquely that only three types of individual were entitled to such usage: ‘The head of a sovereign state, a schizophrenic and a pregnant woman. Which are you, Rockwell?’ ”

Which one are you?

Theodore Rockwell, who served as technical director for the U.S. Navy’s nuclear-propulsion program in the 1950s and ’60s, shared a telling anecdote about his onetime boss, the famously irascible Adm. Hyman G. Rickover. “One time he caught me using the editorial we, as in ‘we will get back to you by. . . .’ ” Rockwell recalled in his memoir, “The Rickover Effect.” “He explained brusquely that only three types of individual were entitled to such usage: ‘The head of a sovereign state, a schizophrenic and a pregnant woman. Which are you, Rockwell?’ ”

Which one are you?

someone who probably had something to do with YOUR drum corps experience...lol........ :whistle: ......if not directly..indirectly :tongue:

Edited by GUARDLING

Perhaps, but that would have been you and a deflection shot. :)

Five years in the nuclear navy made me what I am today: paranoid, bitter, sarcastic and resentful. 😄

Were you not around when amplification was approved? Or the any-key brass change?

Sure, there have been a few people venting here, but this is a pebble in the pond compared to the belly flops those other two changes produced.

I agree. Those were pretty vocal revolts.