Not Excited - Boredom has Set in

Can anyone accurately describe the stigma of marching band? It seems like we're just putting up arbitrary walls to separate the two

Walls are being set up to separate Marching Band and Drum Corps ?

Holy Mackeral. I think I just step into some parallel universe where up is down, and down is up.

Just one question...

How does raising pertinet questions or counter-arguments automatically qualify one as a "loon?"

HERETIC!!

Walls are being set up to separate Marching Band and Drum Corps ?

Holy Mackeral. I think I just step into some parallel universe where up is down, and down is up.

Sure seems like it. Why else would people openly proclaim they're walking away because it's changed now?

The sub-set 'variations' of rock band configurations are not what I am referring to and you know it. And as for groups like BST actually using horns as a part of BST yet having their CD’s in the Rock bin in stores: They represent a situation where the morphing becomes fuzzy as to classification; sort of like the El Comino was neither a car nor a truck. For some reason while Jazz players performing Rock are placed in the Fusion section, Rock players performing Jazz are not. However that does not change the point that BST was a form of Fusion being neither Rock nor Jazz but a combo of both. But when Rush performed with the strings, those string players were guest musicians and ‘not’ part of Rush. So the essence of Rush remained true to the Rock genera.

drum corps is a sub set of marching band.

game over

• Like 1

:doh: Doh!!! Why didn't I think of that? You are right; my plans are genius!!! :cool:

sarcasm is lost on you

DCI is no different to losing sports teams however in one respect... fans of losing teams beach and moan all the time.. ALL the time. While some no doubt give up and stop going to the games, lots more continue to beach and moan AND still continue to go to the games. So fans of Drum Corps that beach and moan but still continue to support the activity by going, should not be encouraged now to up and leave, imo. Thats a decision best left up to the complainer it seems to me. And the last thing that this activity needs is for us to be encouraging even more fans to join the other tens of thousands that have left. Thats my 2 cents worth of take on this anyway.

here's the thing...

DCI is not going to stop making changes you all hate until it hits the wallet.

so ##### all you want. It won't stop them one iota

Why is this zombie thread still breathing?

I dunno, you posted in here

What I don't get is all the changes to BECOME marching band and then you don't claim your prize and CALL yourself a marching band when you get all you want. Staggers the sane and educated mind.

stop.

you discussed sanity on a drum corps chat forum.

10 yards, loss of down. hell that's a game misconduct