Not Excited - Boredom has Set in

So now, as we continue along our quest to revise history, we pretend we never knew there was a perceived or real difference between drum corps and marching bands, and would like to undestand what that was all about. Because we sure never had any idea about that. We ALWAYS considered drum corps and marching bands to be the same thing.

Hahahaha.

So…, trying to learn and understand something is a joke?

there WAS a difference bitd BUT we in drum corps , especially BITD and maybe for some good reasons had a very snobish attitude toward the MB activity..ONLY when drum corps people literally took over the band scene in many ways did that all start to change as well as the attitude.

That helps, thanks. That makes sense that once the ex-drum corps kids started to make over marching band programs did the difference shrink, and it seems like a lot of the stigma is going away amongst current people. Some like to live in the past, but that's their thing. I mean, look at how many drum corps staff members work and design for high school groups now. Seems like a lot of them go year-round with programs across the country. Marching band in the fall, winter guard/winter drums, then drum corps, and rinse and repeat.

... we in drum corps , especially BITD and maybe for some good reasons had a very snobish attitude toward the MB activity..ONLY when drum corps people literally took over the band scene in many ways did that all start to change as well as the attitude.

Only when those with the snobbish view toward MB literally took over the band scene did the attitude change? Do you not see the snobbery in that statement? Good grief; the snobs took over the bands, then there were snobs running both genres, and then the attitude changed is what you are saying; so yeah, the attitude changed into MB snobbery.

That helps, thanks. That makes sense that once the ex-drum corps kids started to make over marching band programs did the difference shrink, and it seems like a lot of the stigma is going away amongst current people. Some like to live in the past, but that's their thing. I mean, look at how many drum corps staff members work and design for high school groups now. Seems like a lot of them go year-round with programs across the country. Marching band in the fall, winter guard/winter drums, then drum corps, and rinse and repeat.

with many yes it does go 12 months a year..even over lapping a bit with rehearsals and learning shows

with many yes it does go 12 months a year..even over lapping a bit with rehearsals and learning shows

For sure. I know there are people who miss weeks out of the season because they have to go teach their own band camps, and most corps are missing their percussion and guard through March because of WGI/ whatever circuit they're in

Only when those with the snobbish view toward MB literally took over the band scene did the attitude change? Do you not see the snobbery in that statement? Good grief; the snobs took over the bands, then there were snobs running both genres, and then the attitude changed is what you are saying; so yeah, the attitude changed into MB snobbery.

i know this may be foreign to you BUT people do change and those who may have had a snobbish attitude.,..learned ....thats what some adults do as they grow

Edited by GUARDLING

i know this may be foreign to you BUT people do change and those who may have had a snobbish attitude.,..learned ....thats what some adults do as they grow

Shh! Don't tell him! He's entertaining as he is now! :tounge2:

So how many people posting in this thread have at least at one point corrected someone who referred to a "corps" as a "band", and felt it was their unwritten duty to the activity to do so, or did so because you didn't feel being called a band gave enough credit to what you were participating in. C'mon now, no lying.

• Like 2

So, drum corps snobs ‘taking over’ the marching band scene and teaching other people within the marching band community to be snobs with their same snobbish attitude is an exercise in growth for marching band folks; ok, I think I got it now.