The Progression of Performance Art in DCI

You are experienced seasoned forum folks. I read your posts intently but my brain processes something else. 'Anything Goes' is a musical! I like some of Lady Gaga's stuff.

If I intuitively know something, I need to know why. Brain needs time to process this thread with an intuitive and analytical mind before I can come to a conclusion!

Or the Cadets with their demons in their shows. Those heretics! Same with Faust making a deal with the Devil in 2006 in Phantom's show. And the hunter having simulated sex with the fat lady in VK 92. Or Phantom 91 with Bacchanale, pretty much an orgy the music depicts.

What about SCV last year? The French Revolution? One of the most violent times in their history, followed by 50 years of horrible oppression and violence. But they're putting it on the field without a guillotine, and showing it in a positive light. How was that design staff not burned at the stake for that one?

Cadets 89 and Boston 88...plus Boston a few years ago!

OMG...Bayonne did the Civil War...and they had the south win!!!

Egads...Spirit did the Devil Went Down to Georgia in 80 and 81!

How many corps have done West Side Story!!! That had murder and interracial love!

horror of horrors...in VK 2010, their love story ended with the guy ditching the girl for the other guy!!

• Like 1

I know, such a terrible person for not instantly throwing my radio out of the car. I must support people vomiting on each other, and other despicable acts subconsciously.

next thing you know, you'll tell people that magic things happen when you touch your trumpet! I mean think of the evil that implies!!

IBwqtt4.png

From DCP! :tounge2:

Credit to corpsband!

so...DCI beat Gaga to it!

Stu, quick.....raise hell! Get Acheson on the phone!

• Like 2

I gave a reply to shows like Spartacus, Godfather, Angels and Demons, Les Mis, earlier in the thread, in response to Guardling I do believe; so no need to repeat it here. As for VK 88, to me that falls in the category of the token flatulence which makes an appearance in many kids movies; and I have not found bathroom humor funny since I was in about fifth grade. So noi, I did not find it funny in 88. Corrupt, ehhhhh not really, just childish and immature. But I take it that you laughed hysterically.

Howard Stern makes many token flatuance jokes, but he's considered the devil. But in a drum corps show, it's ok per you.

As for VK 88...eh. I watched it at semis, then at finals, I got a beer. granted, I wasnt 21 yet, but hey

I still think you're grasping at straws for something that doesn't currently exist. You think DCI designers are traveling down this path of moral corruption and debauchery, but can not actually provide hard evidence. Unless you can produce quotes from designers that they want to have people puking on the field and having "anything goes" on a field, then anything is just conjecture and fantasy.

and when given evidence of things that have been done on the field, he pooh-poohs it away.

To make this explicit (pardon the pun), what is the statistical probability that Core of Temptation caused an increase in some sort of actual vice behavior by a corps member, or a kid who may have seen it and been influenced by it?

For all my whining, I have to admit that I can't demonstrate that the answer is zero.

and...gasp....the main characters were of different races. Horrors, DCI promoted inter racial love!

and when given evidence of things that have been done on the field, he pooh-poohs it away.

Or just ignores it completely.

• Like 1

and...gasp....the main characters were of different races. Horrors, DCI promoted inter racial love!

Cadets beat 'em to it by a bunch. On the other hand Angels and Demons almost looked like a race war if you turned your head sideways (and coughed). Good night all!

Howard Stern makes many token flatuance jokes, but he's considered the devil. But in a drum corps show, it's ok per you.

Howard Stern joking about flatuance does not make him the devil. And If you are going to reference my opinion about flatulence jokes please reference it in proper context to what I actually typed. I did not say it was ‘ok’ in drum corps, I said it was 'childish and immature bathroom humor which I do not find funny'.