The Progression of Performance Art in DCI

Hey, Pete...If you play Crown's narration to last year's show backwards and at the speed of pi, you can distinctly hear "Paul is Not dead, he's writing for Gaga...Paul is Not dead, he's writing for Gaga...Paul is Not dead, he's writing for Gaga...."

Blows one's mind.

Cadets beat 'em to it by a bunch. On the other hand Angels and Demons almost looked like a race war if you turned your head sideways (and coughed). Good night all!

I always thought there was a overtly racial subtext to the angels and demons. Angels, being the white, anglo, Eurocentric folks who took over North America; the Demons were quite obviously Native Americans. This show was clearly portraying Eurocentric Americans as the God-loving good guys and the Native Americans as the godless bad guys who deserved to be trampled, cast off of their homeland, or out-right destroyed.

Terrible....

:tounge2:

I always thought there was a overtly racial subtext to the angels and demons. Angels, being the white, anglo, Eurocentric folks who took over North America; the Demons were quite obviously Native Americans. This show was clearly portraying Eurocentric Americans as the God-loving good guys and the Native Americans as the godless bad guys who deserved to be trampled, cast off of their homeland, or out-right destroyed.

Terrible....

I'm thankful for DCP's sake that GH never let the demons win as was discussed early on.

Imagine how many pages stu would waste on it, then! :tounge2:

I'm thankful for DCP's sake that GH never let the demons win as was discussed early on.

Imagine how many pages stu would waste on it, then! :tounge2:

You typed this on page 28; again 'you' typed this on page 28. If it is such a waste you would not have taken time to type this and all of the other postings you made in this thread. Unless, of course, you also enjoy diving into and swimming in what you call waste. You can get out anytime ya want.

Terrible....

Never was there a more important smiley face on DCP!

Wow, this thread has so run its course...

Mike

If it has run its course people will stop posting and it will fall deeper and deeper into the past thread line of oblivion. But again, as the OP, as long as it remains civil, I request it to remain open to make that fall into oblivion on its own.

• Like 1