Best Drum Breaks

Alright it's time to add yet another to the best closer, ballad, and openers threads. This will be about who had the coolest, hardest, and just overall best drumbreak ever in a show.

My pick is the Bluecoats 2012 Ritual. Some honorable mentions include Cavaliers 2006, Glassmen 2008, and Cadets 2013.

I can't seem to make it embedded, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57xDoy-6Xg

:music:

The Top Secret Drum Line from Basel, Switzerland still drums in this manner in 2014; and they have millions of Youtube hits and millions of fans world-wide. So if some people find this1974 SCV video ‘nerdy’ so what! Moreover, those who think the 1974 DCI and SCV were 'nerdy' will also see 2014 DCI and SCV as ‘nerdy’; again so what!!! Thanks for posting the video!!!

See here's what I don't get about the people complaining that drum corps has become nerdy and bando with all the recent changes...

This, while awesome, is sooooooo nerdy it hurts.

1974 SCV Drum line nerdy? Not at all. Cool & bad a s s.

1974 SCV Drum line nerdy? Not at all. Cool & bad a s s.

Compared to today's sleek, athletic, dynamic lines? The hair, the cymbals marking time while doing circles with their arms, the tympani thumping away? Nerdy. The uniforms and hair alone make it nerdy.

Show a random person on the street this and any modern drumline and I promise this is more nerdy.

Top Secret has a coolness factor in their uniforms and the swiftness of their movements. It's ALL nerdy but it's so much less nerdy than this. I wouldn't even compare the two, for one because SCV is playing clean notes with better quality.

Compared to today's sleek, athletic, dynamic lines? The hair, the cymbals marking time while doing circles with their arms, the tympani thumping away? Nerdy. The uniforms and hair alone make it nerdy.

Show a random person on the street this and any modern drumline and I promise this is more nerdy.

Top Secret has a coolness factor in their uniforms and the swiftness of their movements. It's ALL nerdy but it's so much less nerdy than this. I wouldn't even compare the two, for one because SCV is playing clean notes with better quality.

You know what? You are so right! After all, since this clip is from a show from 40 years ago this year, all I could think about is how the people in this video are so not cool the way we were in 1974.

What they should have been doing instead was running around the school yard with their thumb extended pretending they were Fonzie from Happy Days screaming "Ehhhhh" to every single person they passed by.

Now that was cool!

You know what? You are so right! After all, since this clip is from a show from 40 years ago this year, all I could think about is how the people in this video are so not cool the way we were in 1974.

What they should have been doing instead was running around the school yard with their thumb extended pretending they were Fonzie from Happy Days screaming "Ehhhhh" to every single person they passed by.

Now that was cool!

Touched a nerve much?

You're blind if you can't see the coolness in that snareline.