Carolina Crown 2014

Too much changing and not enough cleaning going on in Crown's show. The staff seems not to know what to do with the show at this point and it's showing in the scores. But, you have to credit the playing members because you can tell they are working their tails off on it. I foresee Crown winning high brass again, but not much else. The staff has bitten off more than they can chew with this show.

How about this. Crown has a great show and so do other corps. Some of those corps are scoring better than Crown.

• Like 1

Crown has a good show this year. In my opinion it's not as solidly performed as last year. I think Blue Devils, Cadets, Bluecoats, all have better shows this year. The scores make sense to me. It's really a fantastic year - I hate that with SCV that one of these corps will likely be in 5th place with most everyone improving from last year!

Crown has a good show this year. In my opinion it's not as solidly performed as last year. I think Blue Devils, Cadets, Bluecoats, all have better shows this year. The scores make sense to me. It's really a fantastic year - I hate that with SCV that one of these corps will likely be in 5th place with most everyone improving from last year!

I agree. IMO this year's show comes across as significantly more difficult than last years - at least from a visual standpoint.

However, to quote Guardling....."no credit for attempt."

Edited by Lincoln

There was a part where Crown Guard tossed the rainbow ring to another member and one girly tossed it to far. After the toss they were supposed to be brought of the field. So to avoid having a random ring on the field another guard member picked up the ring while everyone was practically off field. Another dropped the flag from a high toss. Don't know much about guard but maybe this affected their guard score?

Word from the road:

Crown will be down two Mellophones this evening. My understanding is one of them might be out for the season. . . . not sure yet about bass 3 returning. They need to get healthy, fast! I think once they do it will be a major push to the end and they will be very clean. A force to reckon with in Indy!!!

• Like 1

Looking at crowns new ending I feel the guard needs to be spread out across the field from endzone to endzone there's so much clutter with having them so tight inside the crown spinning those bright flags. I feel having them cover the field would give them more of an effect. I still love the show but they definitely need to buckle down.

Word from the road:

Crown will be down two Mellophones this evening. My understanding is one of them might be out for the season. . . . not sure yet about bass 3 returning. They need to get healthy, fast! I think once they do it will be a major push to the end and they will be very clean. A force to reckon with in Indy!!!

....were the missing holes and changing the closer so recently part of the reason Crown placed 5th tonight? Looking at the recaps, the visual seems to be quite a bit lower than it has been in earlier shows.....the holes and new formations seem to fall into the visual category, is that right?

....were the missing holes and changing the closer so recently part of the reason Crown placed 5th tonight? Looking at the recaps, the visual seems to be quite a bit lower than it has been in earlier shows.....the holes and new formations seem to fall into the visual category, is that right?

My concern are the GE scores. That is the caption you want to crank in. Add in a low guard and percussion score, we've got some work to do...several weeks left do I'm not concerned. It's a strong show with tons of demand so cleaning takes time. Edited by theCHEZman