Carolina Crown 2014

Let's get something straight here....

Crown 2002 = Design Disaster

Crown 2014 = Hard show with challenging aspects that require tweaking

I'm not ready to say that they've designed themselves into a box, but I anticipate more things that will iron out the show.

I think the music is FABULOUS and will be one to listen to for a long time. If this show finishes outside of the medals, I think it will be one of the most underrated shows in the history of this activity.

I don't even care about placement, I just want a solid product at the end of season and another Jim Ott in Ft. Mill

• Like 1

Cappybara,

Not every Corps draws the talent and staff that Crown now does. Jim Coates called the 2014 members "his heroes." If I were him, I would be upset at what the staff (excluding Mr. Matt Harloff) have done with this show. It is not a gross exaggeration for a Corps that just came off of a championship year and had little change if any in staff.

It's safe to say you're quite in the minority. You might want to look up the meaning of a disaster. If this corps is still in contention to medal, this is not a disaster by any means. Sorry bud, I can agree with you that it isn't their best product but you're definitely underselling this show right now.

2 days ago they were sitting in 3rd and all of a sudden it's catastrophe LOL I love drumcorps pundits

Show design is pretty bad but no disaster.

May finish fifth or sixth. Possibly as high as fourth if they can get back ahead of Coats.

Major drill and transition issues, way too much clutter and drill is repetitive

Drums started ahead but have been being passed up quickly

Reminds me of Cadets 2006 in terms of the design errors, editing would have gone a long way

The drop off isn't as severe as cadets in 06, that Corps had just swept all captions, set the high mark for score, and had incredible talent.

Crown is down but not that out

• Like 1

I find this show very entertaining, maybe the most entertaining to me of the year. No matter where they finish, I don't consider that a design disaster.

Maybe placement isnt the only thing they care about either.

Do you like the show, or do you like listening to the brass?

• Like 1