Controversy in WGI and DCI

I justed watched that show. So weird, so well done. I have no idea how they kept time.

it was done extremely well . Watch St Anns 2002 also.many thought they would win. it was kind of back and forth that year St Anns did Clockwork Orange that year another well done and controversial show BUT I think the studded cups the boys wore caused more of a stir than the show..lol

I thought that someone was wondering what music was used in Fantasia's show but I can't find the post. I don't know but I did find this..

Edit: Removed Link - I think it's against DCP's media policy.

Can someone please clarify - if there is a recording on a site open to the public, like Soundcloud, is it okay to publish links to it on DCP?

Edited by LincolnV

I thought that someone was wondering what music was used in Fantasia's show but I can't find the post. I don't know but I did find this..

It was found. It was the Adagio from Mahler's Symphony No.9

I justed watched that show. So weird, so well done. I have no idea how they kept time.

I'm guessing just tons of practice. After long enough, they just start using internal time and the Force to keep a show together. Same way corps kids do it.

I nominate Howard Stern to be our moral police. Since Brasso totally doesnt seem to understand the meaning of the word nominate, I have rescinded his nomination

:tounge2:

You give me no credit... I understand the meaning of the word " nominate"... so THERE.

But what does the word " rescinded " mean ? Does this mean something good should be coming my way shortly ?

Edited by BRASSO

It was actually a link to the show music from Images of India.

Ah, my mistake. Was thinking of the wrong Fantasia show. Since the link got pulled, I couldn't see what it was.

Ah, my mistake. Was thinking of the wrong Fantasia show. Since the link got pulled, I couldn't see what it was.

Not your mistake at all. My mistake. I forgot about our discussion on the music used in their show in 2012. It was a recording I found on Soundcloud. I want to be sure I'm not breaking posting rules because the only update I see re: the DCP media policy involves YouTube.

"justed?". Sorry, I was looking at some South Park shows from my DVD collection of all the seasons and as a result forgot how to review what I've written before posting.

• Like 1

C'mon Mike you're old enough to remember when all the Looney Tune shorts were put on TV. Including the ones produced during WWII with racial stereotypes so bad WB won't release them on DVD. LOL - have a collection of LTs on DVD and one has a disclaimer about how attitudes have changed so please don't be upset.... let's just say Porky Pig is in the Wild West....

True.. the harmless and innocuous ( and funny to all races equally ) Amos & Andy show would make today's white, rich, liberals in the cities get a case of the vapors. They'd probably browbeat their millionaire friends at the studios in NYC to censor a rerun of this show if it came up for consideration, or they'd browbeat their friends to disallow a similar show on TV from ever getting launched.

I also recently watched a TV advertisement selling the old " Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts " DCD'S from the learly 70's where the top comics of this era came together and roasted other celebrities, ( even Presidents) as they sat at the table. , The rough names, ethnic and racial jokes they called one another in harmless fun would NEVER get thru the PC policed airways today, and we all know it too... ( but now we have Bill Mahar, Michael Savage, etc and their ilk with their vulgar and profane schtick out here in 2000's.. and so it is what it is ). What some call "progressive", others call "regressive". in culture and mores. Most of this stuff is either accepted or rejected depending on whose ox is being gored. Thats how I see it anyway.

Edited by BRASSO