Controversy in WGI and DCI

Do you think you made your post better with that statement?

Was it perhaps clarified better for your understanding ?

Edited by BRASSO

Funny to all races....

Yes, from published Neilson reports at the time, this was the case.

You don't have any problems with any humor shared by people across all races.... or do you ?

Edited by BRASSO

Your reply makes it even more interesting.

This is a fun read, as far it getting " interesting ", huh ?

Very interesting.

So " interesting " we could both say it once more for effect too.

Do you think this exchange however might be bringing some ZZZZZZZZZ to others by now re. this " interesting " exchange ?

True.;... and to be clear here... nobody is asking that anyone ( DCI/ WGI) that does a controversial show be disbarred, imprisoned,, wear an S on their blouse, burned at the stake,, etc or whatever. Its still a free country ( well, not as free as it used to be, but thats for another discussion, site, etc ) and people should be free to do whatever controversial show they want. My concern is with those who want to shut off debate, discussion, or perhaps even from offering up expressions of various levels of disaproval with ANY show whether its mild disapproval to strong disgust. The X rated people peddling their filth do not concern me as much as the people that want to tell us to shut up with our opinions on it. THESE people creep me out more, as its a slippery slope indeed when some ( from either the Left or the Right ). want to tell us what is fair game and what is not fair game for expressing one's strongly held convictions.

As for Fantasia... I've never mentioned a single comment on them on DCP. If their show didn't cause much controversy then, then far be it for me to bring them up now as" controversial". Besides, in an activity already small in numbers in attendance, do we really need MORE controversy about the shows before audiences ? I don't think so. But thats just my assessment on this too.

I totally agree. and never said YOU said anything. Debate is fine if it makes any kind of sense. DEBATE for the hell of it or just to hear one self talk is another story and THIS happens all the time. Debate if you like or don't like something is fine, even 12 years later as crazy as that sounds BUT argument just to argue is another story. There are those who will argue with a corpse as another poster said and after a while even if one has something relevant to say , who cares because it's more about the argument and not the subject. An opinion like this becomes meaningless . Discuss a show fine , challenge a persons moral judgements , especially when most if not all who actually viewed something do not agree is something different. Can one have these views , even standing alone? YES , of course. State you dont like something, state your reasons why if it makes you feel better, condemn others as if you are right and others are not , is different and YES this is done on most every subject with a few. Some don't want to express an opinion , they just want to be right period. Now I'm not saying YOU when i say you , I mean whoever it fits.

If , I am the one standing alone on this that's fine also and will back down and not post BUT that does not mean I will stop writing or supporting these and all shows done in good taste ( as most all have been ). I will continue to support the creative and free thinking to create in good taste.These few opinions haven't made a difference and won't as the way shows and subjects have been done wheather personally ones likes or dislikes it. I will never support in any form an activity or a society that censors , dictates, judges and produces those who take some moral high ground and look down on others merely because they are different or views are different. It actually is very insulting to assume as far as morals that one does not have them because they may differ in opinion to another. This to me is the highest form of lack of respect for another and morality. Are there limits? of course, is everything acceptable? of course not but we aren't talking about that we were specifically talking about winter guard and drum corps so I'm not going to get into social whatever around the world, which we all know some will divert to that...ok I'm done........................for now :tounge2:

Edited by GUARDLING

I find it interesting that we are talking about a WGI show about "Images from India" and you post a reply involving IT support.

Word has it that India has an extremely rich culture that dates back eons before IT support.

True, but they provided outstanding abacus support.

So " interesting " we could both say it once more for effect too.

Do you think this exchange however might be bringing some ZZZZZZZZZ to others by now re. this " interesting " exchange ?

I have a choice. I could sit here and argue statements for a long time. Or I can just observe.

If I argue, it will change nothing. So I'll observe.