Controversy in WGI and DCI

it can happen in any house. parental controls can be hacked by a kid with tehcnical knowledge.

don't ask me how to do it, my 2 year old is better with the ipad than I am

:tounge2:

Verizon added some movie channels in the past year or two..... forget the names but all I have to remember is if I ain't watching TMC or AMC I'd better make sure no kids are around. Haven't seen nudity yet but language totally uncensored. Point is you don't have to have HBO or a skin channel to be surprised......

it can happen in any house. parental controls can be hacked by a kid with tehcnical knowledge.

don't ask me how to do it, my 2 year old is better with the ipad than I am

JEFF:

just the 1st line comment ( Maybe that sneaking around at midnight to watch skinemax or get on a sex website can happen in your house. ) makes it sound like his household for some reason is better or more moral than yours YET they claim to not ever speak poorly or down to anyone else. The mere statement the way it was put (like always ) makes one seem better or at very least right compared to the other. NONSENSE , as usual. Never do you ever hear , I don't agree but my view is. Just a judgement, NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way as you said Jeff. Game over. As I said in another post, we can and have just done fine without the opinions or policing of the moral police.

Edited by GUARDLING

South Park is 'adult video store material'??? Hardly.

However, it IS not a cartoon aimed at 10-year-olds. Why do you even compare Warner Bros cartoons to South Park? You are 100% correct that those older cartoons are wonderful, but 100% wrong in trying to equate them to SP.

you ########! you just killed his argument!

• Like 1

South Park is 'adult video store material'??? Hardly.

However, it IS not a cartoon aimed at 10-year-olds. Why do you even compare Warner Bros cartoons to South Park? You are 100% correct that those older cartoons are wonderful, but 100% wrong in trying to equate them to SP.

C'mon Mike you're old enough to remember when all the Looney Tune shorts were put on TV. Including the ones produced during WWII with racial stereotypes so bad WB won't release them on DVD. LOL - have a collection of LTs on DVD and one has a disclaimer about how attitudes have changed so please don't be upset.... let's just say Porky Pig is in the Wild West....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

No; not all shows based on Love, Amor, Fidelity, or Courtship should be avoided in youth programs. But any show which uses and/or references the techniques of those issues presented in Kama Sutra? Yes, that is too mature for youth programs.

so then all of the drum corps shows you love that have had death must be too right?

I don't see you condemming 08 Phantom, 97 Madison etc

• Like 1

Really? So we should have just let John Lennon and Yoko Ono get naked and do it in the road in front of kids because they found it morally acceptable and we should not have forced our own moral judgment onto them?

worked in the 60's.

JEFF:

just the 1st line comment ( Maybe that sneaking around at midnight to watch skinemax or get on a sex website can happen in your house. ) makes it sound like his household for some reason is better or more moral than yours YET they claim to not ever speak poorly or down to anyone else. The mere statement the way it was put (like always ) makes one seem better or at very least right compared to the other. NONSENSE , as usual. Never do you ever hear , I don't agree but my view is. Just a judgement, NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way as you said Jeff. Game over. As I said in another post, we can and have just done fine without the opinions or policing of the moral police.

I nominate Howard Stern to be our moral police. Since Brasso totally doesnt seem to understand the meaning of the word nominate, I have rescinded his nomination

• Like 5

Biggest issue I have with WGI shows is that people cheer at every little thing that happens. Some shows thrive on the subtlety and silence, but it gets covered up by kids going "Woo!" every time a toss is caught. Case in point, Onyx 2010. The "Sleeping Giant" show. Beautifully done, and a study in silence as a tool. But a lot of the moments got diluted by people cheering through the whole thing.

I justed watched that show. So weird, so well done. I have no idea how they kept time.