Stalin and satire on the field? (BAC 2014)

How exactly does one depict Animal Farm on the field?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGOUkuH-TU

What is all this political stuff? BAC will be performing music from "Charlotte's Pig" and "Old Yeller." Get ready for an emotional scene as Yeller is put down.

• 5 weeks later...

Nailed it!

Yes you did...I remember you talking about a few choices a few months back...

Tons of options for Prokofiev. Just some possibilities:

• Alexander Nevsky Battle on the Ice for the revolution
  • Lieutenant Kije Troika for the early farm days of hard work and harmony
  • Symphonic Song for the descent into dark periods, including the end of Boxer
  • Latter portions of the 5th Symphony's 4th movement for the partying pigs reveling with, and just like, the humans

I'm sure a Shostakovich program could also be good.

Or maybe they'll just play Old MacDonald.

Umm....guess what? :shutup:

• Like 1

Get ready for an emotional scene as Yeller is put down.

Time to bring back judges with starters pistols to get this moment timed to the guns shots.

Wasn't it Cadets who had Tony is West Side Story getting shot timed the same way?

Time to bring back judges with starters pistols to get this moment timed to the guns shots.

Wasn't it Cadets who had Tony is West Side Story getting shot timed the same way?

I know the 1981 Bridgemen show had Tony get shot. I can't remember if the '87 Skyriders did as well although I guess it wouldn't matter as I think the timing gun was gone by then. As for the Bridgemen, I don't think it was timed with the timing gun.

In all the years that Cadets have played West Side story I don't think they've ever had a "Tony" character.

Edited by Lincoln

I know the 1981 Bridgemen show had Tony get shot. I can't remember if the '87 Skyriders did as well although I guess it wouldn't matter as I think the timing gun was gone by then. As for the Bridgemen, I don't think it was timed with the timing gun.

In all the years that Cadets have played West Side story I don't think they've ever had a "Tony" character.

OK Sky Ryders year matches my (fading) memory better, thanks. Just remember the Maria character running to Tony and someone later saying that the gunshot matches. I never noticed the gunshots as after 6 years of marched I tuned them out pretty good. Even when the #### judge was standing next to me shooting......

I was the OP. I saw the show last night. And frankly, I still can't answer my question.

The musical selections are cool. They're arranged in a very dark way, but I like the source material.

But on first read, I don't understand the show. I'm sure the portrayal of the story will evolve.