I just watched Boston's show for the first time on Fan Network. It was super dirty which is not a surprise as this was their first or second show, but I liked what I saw. It will be interesting to see how this show evolves/improves over the season. I want to give props to their guard because I feel they are underappreciated! Go Boston!

As a non Guard person, I also think BAC has an amazing Guard.. because its the largest in DCI, the drops of course are noticeable. But its a Guard that doing a difficult routine... heck the entire drill this year has off the charts velocity and demand and covers the field like nobody's business. I agree with others that their show is quite noticeably dirty right now in the opening week. BAC will probably go as far as their cleaning abilities will allow them in this agressive, highly demanding, visual and musical offering for 2014 from them. Love the risk taking from BAC this year. i really like a lot of the shows from the Corps this season, but from some of them, I feel like I've seen their 2014 shows sytlistically before in other years from them, as much as I like this years. version. But This 2014 BAC show however is like nothing else I've ever seen before from them. There is lots of things going on simultaneously in the show, that the eye can't take it all in at first. If BAC struggles to clean this complex and demanding show, my guess they'll finish up 9th. However, if they clean this puppy up, 6th or so could be a legit possibility for them this season, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

I had a similar thought while listening to it last night. What if each section has something to do with each G7 corps? The Shostakovich 11 for Regiment, etc...

the diehards will get it. the average fan probably won't. but it'd be priceless

• Like 1

It'd be interesting if the crowd became knowledgeable enough about the G7 so that, similar to yelling "VANGUARD", the crowd would yell "DOWN WITH THE.." right before the G7 set appears.

What do you think of the young lady soloist this year with Boston. I think she just sounds wonderful.

• Like 1

What do you think of the young lady soloist this year with Boston. I think she just sounds wonderful.

She does sound wonderful! That whole portion of the show is wonderful - music, drill and mood.

She also has nerves of steel. If I had to play that solo with all the crowd watching and have someone with a camera focused on me as happened at the Akron show, I would throw up. I know corps members are used to this but I still wonder at times if it's unnerving.

• Like 2

Fantastic show. Dark, ###### off, a G7 jab . . .sold!

The bones are there . . .once the stamina starts building and this cleans up, it's going to be killer. Already up there with Coats and Crown for favorites of the season for me.

Did you notice the wooden sound machine. It's on their FB just posted. Home made as well.

Did you notice the wooden sound machine. It's on their FB just posted. Home made as well.

If you are referring to the "marching box" sound from the pit, that is my boy playing it!! I got to see him and twin bro last night in merrillville! Great show!

• Like 4