Musically--- I love this show....visually-not so much right now(not even more than when I saw them in Akron).....the dark uniform is a bit of an Achilles heal at times- it makes the drill harder to read. I would say the guard is much better, but again---they blend in too much versus good integration. I do believe they are working their tails off out there...I think they did themselves a lot of good last year when they took off the dark uniform to reveal the old to spell RISE....was genius. It helped bring that program a welcome big breath of fresh air. Hopefully, they have some good stuff to come.

the new breakout scatter/run to the corner is superbly effective

In fact, I think half the audience at Ft. Wayne could hear one of the judges comment on that very point, and I quote:

"Bravo! You've made that a moment, and it was not before."

Take a look at Boston base drum heads. What do you see.

Have they retained the two "Meadowlands" statements seen earlier on the youtube post? I hope so...I really got a positive jarring from the harmonic standpoint -- really gave it (the original) some new life.

• Like 1

There has been some discussion about some of their formations. B-A-C and G7 primarily. I believe the next form after B-A-C is a four leaf clover. Will those more enlightened than moi about "Animal Farm" explain the tie in, if in fact it is a four leaf clover.

There has been some discussion about some of their formations. B-A-C and G7 primarily. I believe the next form after B-A-C is a four leaf clover. Will those more enlightened than moi about "Animal Farm" explain the tie in, if in fact it is a four leaf clover.

I thought that was another windmill reference.

Just a guess...

1) The horse in "Animal Farm" was named Clover, and;

2) A four-leaf clover is a mutation of the shamrock.

These would tie the show together in terms of literal meaning, as well as "honoring" (through symbolism) Boston as a city with a predominant Irish heritage.

Just a guess, as I said...

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 3