Blue Devils 2014 Thread

Until the day the staff disbands, BD is never going to lose DCI again.

That design team has demonstrated this year that they have DCI completely figured out. A science. All the drama from here on out each year is going to be the fight for 2nd place until the staff either moves on, or BD takes themselves out of competition (or pulls a Star of Indiana).

A well-deserved win. We will see many, many more.

Edited by geluf

geluf,

And for that the activity must be heaving a huge sigh of relief. Hopefully everyone will take their lead. Who ever watched drum corps for drill?! Idiots if they did.

Until the day the staff disbands, BD is never going to lose DCI again.

That design team has demonstrated this year that they have DCI completely figured out. A science. All the drama from here on out each year is going to be the fight for 2nd place until the staff either moves on, or BD takes themselves out of competition (or pulls a Star of Indiana).

A well-deserved win. We will see many, many more.

I agree. Not only did the Blue Devils dominate everyone from start to finish in 2014, and their B Corps win their division and finish as the 15th best Junior Corps this season, BD was unbeaten also in the I & E competition.

The Blue Devils entered 11 I & E compeitions, and even won on every single one of those 11 too. Nobody beat them in any I & E competitions in 2014 either.

Brass Ensemble

Percussion Ensemble

Baritone

Tuba

Trombone

Trumpet

Clarinet

Snare

Multi- Tenor

Keyboard

Vocal Ensemble.

The Blue Devils not only scored the highest score in DCI History, they blew right by the previous high score water mark, and their 2.475 margin of victory beat the previous largest winnning spead mark of 2.00 by the Blue Devils themselves way back in 1976 ( over the Madison Scouts that season ).

No Corps... no organization.... has more dominated their competition in any season than did the Blue Devils here in 2014. While every other Corps were seemingly playing checkers among themselves this summer, the 2014 Blue Devils came prepared to play Chess, and then quickly... then the game of Solitaire. Hats off to them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Geez, Brasso, where you been? These threads won't derail themselves, you know. :silly:

Geez, Brasso, where you been? These threads won't derail themselves, you know. :silly:

Huh ? This is a " Blue Devils 2014 " thread, My remarks above were completely on topic and germane to the thread topic it seems to me. So what are you talking about again ?

Edited by BRASSO

The Blue Devils entered 11 I & E compeitions, and even won on every single one of those 11 too. Nobody beat them in any I & E competitions in 2014 either.

Couple of small points.

Their margin of victory is .025 smaller than SCV's win in 1973, which was 2.5 over the Troopers.

They do great in I&E year in and year out, but most corps no longer allow their members to enter and compete. So Devs are usually competing against themselves in most classes. Lot of corps want that rehearsal day right before Prelims, BD has proven again and again that they don't need that bonus time with all their members together.

Otherwise, spot on analysis

Couple of small points.

Their margin of victory is .025 smaller than SCV's win in 1973, which was 2.5 over the Troopers.

I think the phrase "largest margin of victory in the modern era" would be apropos. SCV did theirs on the tick system, which ended in 1983.

I think the phrase "largest margin of victory in the modern era" would be apropos. SCV did theirs on the tick system, which ended in 1983.

Or, they could phrase it "largest margin of victory since the last time there was a larger margin of victory". :augen51:

Their margin was well-deserved. I only saw them live at Rutgers, but seeing them with the other top corps, it was more like the Blue Devils and then everybody else. They were just on a different plane of existence this year in both design and performance.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

Well, Brasso's mention of largest margin of victory came from 1976, so I was going off of that. In the modern era though, yes. This is the largest margin, and was pretty deserved.

Well, Brasso's mention of largest margin of victory came from 1976, so I was going off of that. In the modern era though, yes. This is the largest margin, and was pretty deserved.

Yea, and I'm certainly not taking anything away from that Vanguard corps just because it was on a different system. It's equally as impressive.