Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

Comparing this year's Akron show to last year's and looking for similar results is not an easy fit.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the listing of the scores I made here above from last year in this Akron show was not done to portend " similar results " for tonite's scores. For one, the mix Corps in tonite's show is not the same ( and that immediately makes a comparison meaningless ) I did so only to look at last years scores where its last year's scores alone., and with no intended coorelation to today other than perhaps a look at opening scores ( or 2nd show scores ) for Corps in their first ( or 2nd ) show for last season in this Akron show.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm unfortunately out of the country at the moment

Sorry about that, I meant to post a general announcement and clicked "quote" instead on my phone...

Me and 5 other people are on our way to Akron right now! We have our DCI cornhole boards ready (BD, Crown, SCV, and phantom logos. All hand painted).

Anyway here are my last minute score predictions

Crown: 74.10

Cadets: 73.85

Bluecoats 72.45

Phantom: 71.70

Cavaliers: 71.50

Boston: 69.70

Madison: 68.10

Having that full panel tonight will help all corps.

I will be live blogging tonight as much as I can and as much as my phone battery will let me.

• Like 1

Uh oh... mu wife just informed me that if I don't get out there and do some yard work today and soon that.. " there is going to be another beheading in Drum Corps this season ".

• Like 6

Um. I'm at the bluecoats ensemble rehearsal.

And I'm like, mouth wide open, ears ringing, eyes wide impressed. It's like stupid-awesome

And almost painfully loud. Like anyone who has already counted Crown and Cadets over this show (seen them both several times) could be in

For a big surprise. Wow wow wow.

• Like 2

And I'm like, mouth wide open, ears ringing, eyes wide impressed. It's like stupid-awesome

And almost painfully loud. Like anyone who has already counted Crown and Cadets over this show (seen them both several times) could be in

I'm playing cornhole outside the stadium and all I hear I brass then all of a sudden SYNTH SYNTH SYNTH SYNTH. Spoiler, it's a Bluecoats show. The guy who runs the synthesizer needs to get paid more.

Wow! Can't wait to see it! I was already excited about their show, but that was just because of what I've heard from my daughter who is a Bluecoat. Thanks for sharing your impression. Monday can't get here fast enough, so I'll be looking for commentary on here during the show tonight!

Go Bloooo!

(That's true, there is a good bit of synth)

But you have a blue devils logo on your avatar,

So I'll assume you meant the synth comment as a compliment

• Like 1