My guess:

1) Crown- 73.7

2) Cadets- 73.5

3) Bluecoats- 72.9

4) Boston- 71.5

5) Phantom- 70.9

6) Cavies- 70.5

8) Madison- 68.0

This looks within the realm of reason to me, but I don't think Crown will pull ahead of Cadets...yet.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cadets second or 3rd, just feels like a shakeup coming

Seems to me that every hyped up group so far has either placed roughly where they did last year or has been a disappointment (Spirit) so my guess:

1) Cadets- 73.9

2) Crown- 73.0

3) Bluecoats- 71.5

4) Phantom- 70.9

5)Cavies- 70.5

6)Boston- 69.5

8) Madison- 68.2

That all looks about right to me. Cavaliers pulling closer to Regiment, and all three midwestern "7's" within about a point of each other.

Edited by Slingerland

it'll be a full panel tonight, so because there will be MB and MA scored this time, i say Crown beats Cadets.

Five judge panel in the first show will not produce necessarily an accurate read. Full panel with all captions carrying some weight will change things up I believe. So far Crown and Blue Devils have the best hornlines period. Cadets play well but not as close to Crown and BD as in past years. Percussion is much improved for Crown and the Colorguard is doing well too. (For the Akron show) . . . I think Crown plays the brass horn much better than anyone on the east side of the Mississippi. It will be fun and interesting for sure. Crown edges Cadets out by .4 because of the hornline. . . . that and I fell asleep during Cadets show last night watching on the Fan Network :sleep: . . . . I do like the show though.

So...

CROWN and BD have the best brass by far this year? Perhaps, but you must be a frequent flyer if you witnessed live both lines to make that assessment.

CADETS show made you fall asleep? Well, you probably don't want to view any shows then if that's the case because you may hurt yourself when you pass out at a show.

CROWN's guard is doing well at the AKON SHOW?

You are a frequent flyer with telepathy..

Edited by theCHEZman
  • Like 1

I believe Boston will break 70 tonight, and yes, I do believe that the scores from tonight's show will be witheld until Monday night's Cinecast. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, scores will be witheld from the public in Akron tonite( but one would assume Corps staffs will know ), and released to public at the conclusion of the theatre showing on Monday nite.

Anyone know what the judging panel is like tonight?

Here you go :

GE Visual : R. Kemp

GE Music : N. Jones

Vis. Prof. : R. Solomon

Color Guard : M. Kelly

Brass : J. Harper

Music Ana. : A. Cook

Percussion : J. Ausdemore

Edited by BRASSO

Seems to me that every hyped up group so far has either placed roughly where they did last year or has been a disappointment (Spirit) so my guess:

1) Cadets- 73.9

2) Crown- 73.0

3) Bluecoats- 71.5

4) Phantom- 70.9

5)Cavies- 70.5

6)Boston- 69.5

8) Madison- 68.2

You could be right on this, as DCI judges do seem to judge Corps conservatively the first week, and what a Corps did last year does seem to have some weight with the judges in the first week. We have ample evidence of this over the years. ( in 2009, DCI defending Champion Phantom Regiment on 6/26 scored a 76.30, with BAC far behind at 70.10... but Phantom finished in 9th at Finals that season and in back of BAC ) One look at the first couple of shows already the last few nites and it appears the judges are once again using last season as their benchmark guide as well. But in a few weeks time, this will all begin to have its own 2014 season reality to it, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

You could be right on this, as DCI judges do seem to judge Corps conservatively the first week, and what a Corps did last year does seem to have some weight with the judges in the first week. We have ample evidence of this over the years. ( in 2009, DCI defending Champion Phantom Regiment on 6/26 scored a 76.30, with BAC far behind at 70.10... but Phantom finished in 9th at Finals that season and in back of BAC ) One look at the first couple of shows already the last few nites and it appears the judges are once again using last season as their benchmark guide as well. But in a few weeks time, this will all begin to have its own 2014 season reality to it, imo.

Every one is around where they ended up last year at the end. Most are below where their 1st scores were last year at this time. Out of the top 8 BC and BAC 1st shows tonight.