2014 Cavaliers

So I saw Akron and the Cavies went on first. I must say that they were wonderful to watch. The music was perfect to the theme and the guard really played to the theme.

Since its only the beginning I the only thing that I can wish that they would do it let the euphonium solo have a bigger part. The solo was really soft and not much was going on with it. Again it also could have been where I was sitting (high middle between left 45 and 50) and I just did not hear it as well.

Besides that the show rocked!

So I saw Akron and the Cavies went on first. I must say that they were wonderful to watch. The music was perfect to the theme and the guard really played to the theme.

Since its only the beginning I the only thing that I can wish that they would do it let the euphonium solo have a bigger part. The solo was really soft and not much was going on with it. Again it also could have been where I was sitting (high middle between left 45 and 50) and I just did not hear it as well.

Interesting...I was sitting about the same height but right side between the 35 and 40 and the euph solo sounded so loud I thought it was being doubled by the synth...

I will say this has a lot of the look and feel of a classic Cavies show

Interesting...I was sitting about the same height but right side between the 35 and 40 and the euph solo sounded so loud I thought it was being doubled by the synth...

I will say this has a lot of the look and feel of a classic Cavies show

I was sitting down low between the 40 and 45 on the right side, about eight rows up and from what I could see, it looked like the euphonium was mic'd. That might be what made it sound like it was being doubled by the synth.

Ok - so this is definitely the strongest show they've had in a while - and it has alot of potential to grow.

As I was watching it though I kept wondering what the moving marimbas had to do with the theme (seems like it's a cool idea so they put it in the show - but it has nothing to do with what they are trying to portray).

I'm hoping they go "darker" as the season progresses and that the drill also helps tell the "Immortal" story better (remember how well the James Bond show drill told that story)

So at this pont - I'm cautiously optimistic - but I still don't get the marimba thing!

Later,

Mike

Musically it wasn’t very effective when I saw it in Rockford but I loved the funeral shrouds visuals, maybe not the effect they were going for but it seemed like a cheeky death of drum corps moment

This is the most complete Cavies show we’ve seen in a while, needs more punch and darkness but I expect that will come. I think the guard may want to tone down the snarling, less is more and it got silly

• Like 1

Quick question, what that guy with the clock suit about, is it their Mr Moto thing?

He seems to be walking around in his own time then has that big flip-flop thing and then back to wandering around

Quick question, what that guy with the clock suit about, is it their Mr Moto thing?

He seems to be walking around in his own time then has that big flip-flop thing and then back to wandering around

That would be Madison's show - and I have no idea what that is either

Mike

I got that he was "Time" but it wasn't very clear.

I got that he was "Time" but it wasn't very clear.

Considering that Time guy wasn't even in Cavaliers' show, I'd say the lack of clarity here is pretty epic. I'll have what these guys are having. :music:

Edited by Slingerland