Crown's hornline?

Well I'm just going to sneak in here....

Has anyone considered that the brass has a lot of time when they're not playing because they need to breath/rest? If you listen to the runs, how many opportunities do those kids have to take a breath?

• Like 1

My apologies. The filter didn't censor my previous post.

I manually edited.

I've done that before -- I assumed the forum code would censor it....

Dagnabbit, now you made ME say it. It's like the Louis C.K. bit where he talks about how when old white ladies on television use the phrase "the 'N' word," that they're taking the easy way out and having him, in his mind, go "Wait, which word is that? Oh yeah: #$%^&."

When we read those censors, it's always "Wait, what kind of measuring contest? Oh yeah: dick." So now you made me say "dick." Morning ruined. :poke:

This thread is a masterclass in the internet phenomenon pictured below:

duty_calls.png

It's really all quite silly.

• Like 2

Well I'm just going to sneak in here....

Has anyone considered that the brass has a lot of time when they're not playing because they need to breath/rest? If you listen to the runs, how many opportunities do those kids have to take a breath?

Sure, but that's sort of the point of comparison. They had just as many if not more (I'm pretty sure more) runs and licks last year but didn't break nearly as long as they do this year. So that's the very point. If they are going to try and outdo themselves or even level up to themselves from last year, they have some convincing to do because they set the bar very HIGH last year and this year just doesn't quite measure up from what I currently hear. But again, I'm talking about a very minor difference here. Nothing that would take them out of the top 2. Heck, they still might win brass but even if they do, I'm going to find myself looking back more impressed with 2013's hornline and hornbook than I do 2014. Not the end of the world man. Just.......not quite the same level as last year for me. So again....sue me.

You could try yoga... walking... mowing the grass works for me.

Just trying to help.

Are you saying my point in what you just replied to is not valid? Check some historical stats (91 - 93 to be exact). Stats prove that the post I was replying to (i.e., "Separation between Star and the rest of the world of brass in their day") was a gross exaggeration.

b46e9cbcef0e8bdbccee32e22752f27b.jpg

For sure. Butts heart for Crown fans because they can't grasp the fact that just MAYBE....a few people think that they aren't in a league of their own in brass this year.

Sure, but that's sort of the point of comparison. They had just as many if not more (I'm pretty sure more) runs and licks last year but didn't break nearly as long as they do this year. So that's the very point. If they are going to try and outdo themselves or even level up to themselves from last year, they have some convincing to do because they set the bar very HIGH last year and this year just doesn't quite measure up from what I currently hear. But again, I'm talking about a very minor difference here. Nothing that would take them out of the top 2. Heck, they still might win brass but even if they do, I'm going to find myself looking back more impressed with 2013's hornline and hornbook than I do 2014. Not the end of the world man. Just.......not quite the same level as last year for me. So again....sue me.

To each his own