Slotting: time tested, mother approved.

Look at the scores from the Santa Clara show tonight.

How pre tell can SCVC and BDB still be in the 50's and Mandarin all of a sudden jump 4 points?!?!?!? BDB scored a 12.9 in percussion tying Boston Crusaders from the 22nd yet now they are way way down in the 11's?

We have two open class corps that should be whoopin the tar out of some of these "world class" corps. I'm not even going to mention who. I have seen some shows that really make me wonder how they are in division 1 in the first place much less scoring higher.

I agree 37 years ago is a long ntime ago, and lots of changes have taken place, including a complete redo of the captions, where its a build up system today as opposed to the tic system.( still, some things never seem to change.. The Cadevaliers have won over 80% of the DCI Titles since this year here of 1977, and I suspect will win over 80% of the coming DCI Titles over the next 37 years too. )

If you go back prior to the DCI era, the Cavies were strong as well, as was HNC/Garfield. VFW Nats from 57-71 the Cavies won 6, were 2nd 7, 3rd once and did not go once. Garfield at the AL Nats from 50-65 had 7 wins, 5 2nds and 3 3rds, so it is hardly like they were both newcomers to the scene. I'm not what the point is beyond that the great corps have been great for 60+ years.

Look at the scores from the Santa Clara show tonight.

How pre tell can SCVC and BDB still be in the 50's and Mandarin all of a sudden jump 4 points?!?!?!? BDB scored a 12.9 in percussion tying Boston Crusaders from the 22nd yet now they are way way down in the 11's?

We have two open class corps that should be whoopin the tar out of some of these "world class" corps. I'm not even going to mention who. I have seen some shows that really make me wonder how they are in division 1 in the first place much less scoring higher.

Percussion is the last caption I'd accuse of slotting. Let's remember that the percussion judges had no troubles handing a 6th place corps the Sanford (in 2010), nor putting a world champion's line in 6th place (2013).

Out of curiosity, how do you know that BDB's score on 6/22 was correct and the one on 7/1 was wrong, rather than vice versa?

I get so sick of seeing the "slotting" thread every season. I do not see it. Movement in placements is already happening.

If you go back prior to the DCI era, the Cavies were strong as well, as was HNC/Garfield. VFW Nats from 57-71 the Cavies won 6, were 2nd 7, 3rd once and did not go once. Garfield at the AL Nats from 50-65 had 7 wins, 5 2nds and 3 3rds, so it is hardly like they were both newcomers to the scene. I'm not what the point is beyond that the great corps have been great for 60+ years.

Ok, if you want me to amend my remarks that The Cadevaliers have won over 80% of the Titles in Drum Corps for the last 60 years " instead of the last 37 years in DCI) ( without looking it up, but taking your word for it), in the spirit of things, without challenge, I will amend my remarks as you ask, and further adjust the remarks that" The Cadevalers will win over 80% of the future DCI Titles over the next 60 years too " ( as opposed to my original remarks limiting it to " the next 37 years too ".) There, are you ok and feel better with it now ?

Edited by BRASSO

They swept all 6 Percussion subcaptions with the 2 Percussion judges to win Percussion. But they never got a chance to show off their great Percussion line in '77 at Finals, and its lost forever, as no record appears of that Percussion line performance of them from that year.

Not true. I have the DCI album with their prelims show on it. The drum line is clean, as advertised. Every other element of that program was pretty awful (if it hadn't been for percussion ,they would have been in the 19th-22nd position).

Caught in traffic this morning big guy?

No... I use the express lane and the city's back roads to adroitly maneuver by the clogged up traffic snarls, Ghost( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

Not true. I have the DCI album with their prelims show on it. The drum line is clean, as advertised. Every other element of that program was pretty awful (if it hadn't been for percussion ,they would have been in the 19th-22nd position).

Pretty realistic, looking at fromthepressbox recap of prelims...21st in M&M overall, 16th in Brass, 18th in both Marching GE and Brass GE. 1st in Drums and 6th in Drumming GE.