East Coast Classic June 29th!

Crown has opted out of a few competitions this week with just Muncie on the schedule. I'm wondering of this week of cleaning and polishing will put them ahead of Cadets. I'm also excited to see Bloo live for the first time this year. Like everyone who crowded into movie theaters on Monday, Bluecoats blew me away. I also can't wait to see host Boston Crusaders in front of stands filled with BAC alums and fans. It will be great to see Spirit, and the spirited rivalry between 7th Regiment and Spartans is always interesting.

My thoughts:

1st: Crown will have its first victory in Lawrence

2nd: Cadets will place second.

3rd:Bloo, but everyone will think they were robbed

4th: BAC with a much better score

5th: Spirit

7th Regiment and Spartans: too close to call and it will be within tenths.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

My thoughts:

7th Regiment and Spartans: too close to call and it will be within tenths.

I would love for either 7th Regiment or Spartans, or both, to be thoroughly in the mix with presumed Open Class leaders SCVC, BDB, and Genesis this year. it's only been seven years since Spartans beat both west coast cadet corps in Div. II finals, so that shouldn't be out of the question.

Can't wait for this show! My first (but hopefully not only) live show of the season, and what a great line-up! Can't wait to see Bloo, and to see what progress BAC has made in the past week.

I have not seen anybody live, being in exile out here in Dallas, TX, but my son sends me updates and recordings of 7th Regiment and I'm blown away by what they've accomplished in just a few years, and the old fashioned way - build an organization that takes care of business and take care of the kids.

I think the "Nevsky" show is wicked ambitious, but you never grow if you don't challenge.

Could be a landmark year for this group that only a few years ago were on the bottom of the drum corps hierarchy.

• Like 1

Crown had a great night tonight in Muncie, at least according to the reports, but both Bluecoats and Cadets had better scores in Chambersburg. Will be interesting to see what happens when the three meet again on Sunday night.

I have not seen anybody live, being in exile out here in Dallas, TX, but my son sends me updates and recordings of 7th Regiment and I'm blown away by what they've accomplished in just a few years, and the old-fashioned way--build an organization that takes care of business and take care of the kids. I think the "Nevsky" show is wicked ambitious, but you never grow if you don't challenge. Could be a landmark year for this group that only a few years ago were on the bottom of the drum corps hierarchy.

I took a couple friends to their first-ever drum corps show last year at Avon Lake, which was practically the Open Class equivalent of a regional, featuring twelve corps: everyone who would appear at Prelims except Colt Cadets and Racine Scouts. My friends' two favorites were Blue Devils B and 7th Regiment. They liked especially what they perceived as 7th's precision. In Finals, they wound up less than 0.2 from sixth place, just behind the much larger and flashier Gold, who also had the advantage of featuring a guest martial arts troupe from China.

Last year 7th Regiment debuted with a 64.4--on the O.C. sheets. This year they'll be on the World Class sheets, where that score would translate approximately to 45. By contrast Gold debuted last year, like this year, one day before 7th Regiment, with a score of 69.85. So 7th Regiment almost closed a five-point gap by Finals. With that in mind, here are the scores so far this year for O.C. corps on W.C. sheets:

June 20 -- Rockford

38.500 - Colt Cadets

June 20 -- Clovis

53.650 - Vanguard Cadets

52.700 - Blue Devils B

46.050 - Golden Empire

33.500 - Blue Devils C

June 21 -- Plainwell

38.800 - Colt Cadets

June 21 -- Stanford

55.400 - Vanguard Cadets

53.600 - Blue Devils B

34.550 - Blue Devils C

June 22 -- Sacramento

56.100 - Vanguard Cadets

55.050 - Blue Devils B

35.450 - Blue Devils C

June 26 -- Mesa

41.800 - City Sound

June 27 -- Oceanside

53.400 - Gold

48.000 - Golden Empire

46.400 - Impulse

43.050 - Watchmen

40.900 - City Sound

36.450 - Incognito

So I think if 7th Regiment can score above 49, that will show they're able to move up this year.

I took a couple friends to their first-ever drum corps show last year at Avon Lake, which was practically the Open Class equivalent of a regional, featuring twelve corps: everyone who would appear at Prelims except Colt Cadets and Racine Scouts. My friends' two favorites were Blue Devils B and 7th Regiment. They liked especially what they perceived as 7th's precision. In Finals, they wound up less than 0.2 from sixth place, just behind the much larger and flashier Gold, who also had the advantage of featuring a guest martial arts troupe from China.

Last year 7th Regiment debuted with a 64.4--on the O.C. sheets. This year they'll be on the World Class sheets, where that score would translate approximately to 45. By contrast Gold debuted last year, like this year, one day before 7th Regiment, with a score of 69.85. So 7th Regiment almost closed a five-point gap by Finals. With that in mind, here are the scores so far this year for O.C. corps on W.C. sheets:

[... list of scores, including June 27 -- Oceanside: 53.400 - Gold ...]

So I think if 7th Regiment can score above 49, that will show they're able to move up this year.

Well, with a 55.300 in Jackson tonight, 7th Regiment has, for the moment, the second-best Open Class score this year. I'm very curious to see how the Spartans stack up against them Sunday.

Well, with a 55.300 in Jackson tonight, 7th Regiment has, for the moment, the second-best Open Class score this year. I'm very curious to see how the Spartans stack up against them Sunday.

I LOVE what 7th has done the last 3 years, by far my favorite Open Class group. Good to see that.