East Coast Classic June 29th!

Lawrence Ma has built themselves a beautiful High School, and a first rate stadium and football field. it cost a lot of money to build these. Thats why there is no excuse under the sun not for that City not to have fixed their PA system thats been like that now for a couple of years, and only costs pennies on the dollar to fix it. There are literally thousands of schools nationwide that have crappy physical school facilities, but at least the comparatively inexpensive freakin' PA system and rest of the electrical system in their stadiums works as they were designed to work.

I heard today that one of cadets the prop people fell off their staging and land on one of Boston timpani and broke the timpani head. He was also taking to the hospital to get check out. I did not see that happen.

Lawrence Ma has built themselves a beautiful High School, and a first rate stadium and football field. it cost a lot of money to build these. Thats why there is no excuse under the sun not for that City not to have fixed their PA system thats been like that now for a couple of years, and only costs pennies on the dollar to fix it. There are literally thousands of schools nationwide that have crappy physical school facilities, but at least the comparatively inexpensive freakin' PA system and rest of the electrical system in their stadiums works as they were designed to work.

It does sound like I'm defending the city of Lawrence, but I' not. City funds are mismanaged all the time, and the city of Lawrence did not pay for the schools or stadium, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts did which only confirms what you say--there is no excuse.

• Like 1

Help me out!!! I agree with Highway Dude, 7th Regiments & Spartans scored 60 & 61 after one or two shoes, but PC, Mandarins & AZ Academy have been out for about two weeks and their scoring around 62 to 63's consistently. 7th Regiment and Spartans should be passing all three of those W/C corps very soon. Something sinks..............here!!!

Help me out! 7th Regiments and Spartans scored 60.8 and 61.9 after one or two shows, but Pacific Crest, Mandarins and Academy have been out for about two weeks, and they're scoring around 62 to 63 consistently. 7th Regiment and Spartans should be passing all three of those W.C. corps very soon. Something s(t)inks ... here!

Academy hasn't been out for two weeks. Their first show was only five days ago.

Still, your point is well taken. Perhaps the Open Class corps have easier shows that will max out long before the World Class corps.

We should have a slightly better sense tomorrow when Mandarins see Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B again at Santa Clara. When they last met, on June 22 in Sacramento, Mandarins were three to four points ahead of those perennial O.C. leaders. Last season, Mandarins finished only about two points ahead of them. Based on that, it would seem perfectly reasonable, given Mandarins' 63.95 yesterday and the likelihood that SCVC and BDB are at least at the same level as Spartans and 7th Regiment, for Tuesday to have scores of, say Mandarins 65, SCVC 63, BDB 62.

And be sure to look up the Spartans and 7th Regiment performances from Lawrence when they're posted to the Fan Network and compare to Gold's performance one day earlier at Glendora, and decide for yourself if Spartans look five points better.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I was at that Sacramento show. BDB outscored them in percussion. getting a 12.9

they have a full show now and have added some new interesting things. SCVC has a very mature visual show and a very rich sounding hornline. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Mandarins have a wonderful horn book. It's very dark and rich sounding. Especially in the baritone area euphonium? (do corps use baritones anymore)?

Help me out! 7th Regiment and Spartans scored 60.8 and 61.9 after one or two shows, but Pacfic Crest, Mandarins, and Academy have been out for about two weeks, and they're scoring around 62 or 63 consistently. 7th Regiment and Spartans should be passing all three of the W.C. corps very soon. Something s(t)inks ... here!

Academy hasn't been out for two weeks. Their first show was only five days ago.

Still, your point is well taken. Perhaps the Open Class corps have easier shows that will max out long before the World Class corps.

We should have a slightly better sense tomorrow when Mandarins see Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B again at Santa Clara. When they last met, on June 22 in Sacramento, Mandarins were three to four points ahead of those perennial O.C. leaders. Last season, Mandarins finished only about two points ahead of them. Based on that, it would seem perfectly reasonable, given Mandarins' 63.95 yesterday and the likelihood that SCVC and BDB are at least at the same level as Spartans and 7th Regiment, for Tuesday to have scores of, say Mandarins 65, SCVC 63, BDB 62.

And be sure to look up the Spartans and 7th Regiment performances from Lawrence when they're posted to the Fan Network and compare to Gold's performance one day earlier at Glendora, and decide for yourself if Spartans look five points better.

Now that I've watched Spartans' and 7th Regiment's shows, I have to agree that they've been significantly over-scored--or they would be if there were any consistency to scores across the season.

I mean, if you watch the Fan Network video for Troopers on June 18, where they scored 61.70, and compare to the video for Spartans on June 29, where they scored 61.90, it seems impossible. Troopers on 6/18 were at least five points better than Spartans on 6/29, in any sort of world where scores have absolute value.

But scores are relative, which means that as happens with many corps in July, these O.C. corps are likely to find their scores plateauing or dropping at some point.

(Now that Open Class corps are being judged on World Class sheets, are they required to have shows of World Class length? 7th Regiment's show was less than ten minutes.)