Why do You Stay?

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Before I head out, just want to point out that in no time has anyone refuted what I said. About anything. Sometimes humor is easily read via comments, sometimes not. Sometimes people change topics to skew the argument; sometimes people, after being called out for mis-representing replies (HEY: like I just did), fee up and re-ingage with intelligent discourse.

Sometimes they don't. If you wish to not intelligibly or intelligently debate the merits of why people stick around DCP who seem to have ill opinions of the activity, then I wish to not engage your further pissing contest.

Good day sir. Or madame. Or inanimate carbon rod ($.02 to THE SIMPSONS)

• Like 1

I think we all agreed there really is nothing wrong with this, other than the fact that the grumpy old man apparently goes to a lot of shows and is rude and inconsiderate to others in attendance around him.

What if the guy.. even a young guy, slammed all the lower placing Corps, was publically rude and inconsiderate with his public display but went orgasmic with Crown, this is just as annoying, right ? I mean the only thing changed here was his age, and the Corps he went orgasmic over. So we are equally all " annoyed " here right when people are rude, on their cell phones, or slamming the lower placing Corps that we see at almost every show ? Or just the old goat that apparently goes from show to show making a fool of himself by being rude and inconsiderate of others ? We don't observe young people being rude and inconsiderate of others at todays shows ? Or do we observe this ? And isn't it true we probably observe this in far greater numbers than the rude and inconsiderate older fans ? I'd say so. If the topic is rude and inconsiderate behaviors at shows, I'd say the olderb fans behaviors tend to be a lot more considerate than some of the younger fans, giggling, talking loudly to one another, on their cell phones, moving around and obstructing views, etc

Edited by JohnZ
filter circumvention

If I pay money to enjoy a show, I shouldn't have to deal with some inconsiderateIf I pay money to enjoy a show, I shouldn't have to deal with some inconsiderate ###### who clearly cares nothing except one corps (honestly, go watch a run through for free if that is all you wan to see) running their mouth and ruining my enjoyment of every other corps that I paid to see.......................................................Aah yes, you do. Because the inconsidarte ###### also paid money to see the show and can react any way they please. You, as an adult, need to understand thyat his reaction is just as valid as yours. Whether you agree with it or not

People that are in denial, like to engage in hyperbole..but the facts don't go away because we engage in hyperbole mischief to assign to people that were there that they've said " the numbers were like Woodstock !! " and other such foolishness that nobody has uttered ( but the Deniars WISH they did ) so that the Deniars could attempt to discredit the clear and unimpeachable fact that in 1981 and in 1982 the live DCI Finals Attendance in Montreal was twice the numbers of DCI Finals live 2013 in Indianapolis. The only thing that can be in the legitimate realm of discussion and dispute re. this are the reasons why. ( again, keep in mind here.. I did not bring Montreal of 1981, 1982, into this disccusion.. but once it was, we had the disccusion and replies it naturally would be required, especially give the misinformation introduced on it, by the " ill informed " on it )

who really cares...not many thats for sure...theres always a comparison to maye the best year of DCI..how about comparing last year or recent years to the worst years of DCI in the early days..Montreal was 1 darn year..twisits to defend something are nuts. ts was slightly mentioned in 1 line of a long post SOOOOOOO we take that one line and twist into a whole new discussion that had nothing to do with the thread....happens alot now doesnt it

I say the very same thing to my coffee every morning (regarding the filter circumvention).

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

Brasso, the more you talk about this guy I off-handedly mentioned in the comment 8 pages back, the more I begin to think that you might have been that guy.

• Like 2

Rule #1 in High School ( and College ) Debate Team contests :

Never, EVER, initiate something new in your comments in the debate that you are so ill informed to debate on and which would allow your opponent to hit it out of the park because they could potentially have knowledge and experience in the event introduced by you that perhaps you unsuspectingly might not possess compared to your opponent in that debate. ( and I was never in ANY debate teams.. college or otherwise , but just common sense tells me this.)

Its hard to believe that you were actually on the Debate Team in your college. ( but,... there you go )

Sometimes it seems like HS...maybe worse :throwupen:

Maybe we can get the topic bacK...seem to have to do that alot . Or maybe the OP got his answer.

Edited by GUARDLING