What corps is the biggest surprise this year?

Just wanted to check and see who people think is the biggest surprise, positive or negative, for this year. I think that the strength, early season, of the Troopers is pretty surprising. I know that it is only the first part of the year, but, I believe that the Troop could actually make it back into the top 10. Your thoughts....

Bloo biggest positive surprise.

Phantom biggest negative surprise.

(These are just my opinions don't freak out)

• Like 2

Bloo biggest positive surprise.

Phantom biggest negative surprise.

(These are just my opinions don't freak out)

Definitely have to agree that Phantom is not what I expected. Early, but.....

For me, Bluecoats without a question. Great program, entertaining, and once the horns and color guard get humming like the percussion, they'll be formidable. Actually, I wasn't surprised to see them beat Crown the other night. Like all first time titleists, they're finding out it's harder to follow up with a repeat championship than it is to win in the first place. Wouldn't count them out, though.

Bloo's performance and BC's design. Cavaliers coming on strong, and the crazy close race the top 3-4 are all going into are all big surprises as well.

I gotta say Cadets is the biggest positive surprise (for me) especially with all the flack they faced over the winter.

Biggest negative surprise...I don't really have one.

Totally blown away by Bluecoats this year. Fantastic show in concept and execution. But the Blue Devils being entertaining with a really great show was a nice surprise as well. They are about halfway back to the corps I loved as my number one for decades. Biggest disappointment for me is the Colts. Was so looking forward to them when I heard that concept of blending Pink Floyd with The Wizard of Oz. But I get to enjoy very little of it due to that narrator constantly droning on over the music. The most talking in a show I think since the Cadets did the interview mid-field in 2008. I see a lot of complaints about Phantom, but at least there if you don't like the visuals you can close your eyes and enjoy the music. Not so the Colts. Worst show design I think I've ever seen from them.