Beanpot Invitational--Lynn MA

Interesting to hear all the DCP percussionists comment on this result.

I think it bodes really well for Crown. They've proven they can get aplenty clean visually.

:shutup::bigsmile:

Interesting to hear all the DCP percussionists comment on this result.

I think it bodes really well for Crown. They've proven they can get aplenty clean visually.

Well certainly when Jeff Prosperie judges. He seems to like them.

At least Craiga will leave me alone for a change!

haha!

ehh... competitive success breads donations, recruitment, volunteers - so it would be pretty naive if they weren't somewhat focused on it. Shouldn't be the #1 priority, that should be member safety and quality of member experience... but competitive success is a priority as well

Of course placements and scores have their rightful place with Corps BOD's. Anyone that thinks otherwise, is a bit naive and perhaps a bit inexperienced in the activity..Its not the BOD's primary concerns, but its silly to think these things arn't evaluated to determine if there needs to be changes in some manner.

Edited by BRASSO

Of course placements and score have their rightful place with Corps BOD's. Anyone that thinks otherwise, is a bit naive. Its not the BOD's primary concerns, but its silly to think these things arn't evaluated to determine if there needs to be changes in some manner.

completely agree because if they didnt care about scores they would keep the same staff every year.

Cadets percussion need to settle in now. We need that caption to be consistent like crown's brass is.

Also, I think the fact that Cadets are sitting second in Brass, Perc and Guard gives them a chance to clean clean clean and bring those captions up. But we'll see.

So, IF you don't mind comparing scores from separate shows on the same night, then you shouldn't mind comparing captions either:

Bluecoats took guard for the night (beating BD by a tenth).

BD and Cadets tie in total GE.

BD first and 'Coats second in visual (.6 difference).

BD first and Crown second in Music (.4 difference).

BD first and Crown second in percussion (.4 difference).