Beanpot Invitational--Lynn MA

Arthur is headed toward the Canadian Maritimes and the weather is great in the Boston area--clear skies with a slight breeze, temperature about 80 or so. It should be great for the show and perfect for the corps to be practicing.

Crown's third place took the audience by surprise in Bristol and even more surprising was the close proximity of the scores of the top three--less than a point separating them. BAC's 4th and Spirit's 5th was not surprising, but the closeness of the scores made more than a few BAC fans, including this one, a bit uncomfortable. Keep in mind all five corps probably had their best performances to date in Bristol, as did Spartans and 7th Regiment.

My thoughts:

If we have a full judging panel (someone said as of July 5th all shows have full panels, I'm not sure of the accuracy of this statement), or at least a panel that includes a brass judge, it could be Crown's night. Cadets will not be giving anything away, and Bloo could have some momentum after topping Crown. I k now Bloo planned on making good use of free time yesterday due to cancelled parades with some r and r as well as some rehearsal time. It could pay off.

Spirit made major improvements, as did BAC, though I thought BAC was stronger in Bristol. I am hoping productive rehearsals as well as the support of the home town crowd will serve them well tonight, but it was pretty close.

7th and Spartans will be neck and neck, but that's not a surprise.

Any thoughts about tonight?

I think anytime Cadets/Crown/Bloo compete in the same show this year will be exciting. They are all powerhouses this year and I suspect the scores/placements will be dependent on the panel of judges or who has put the most effective changes in to bolster their show.

7:25 - NATIONAL ANTHEM

7:30 - MUCHACHOS

7:47 - 7th REGIMENT

8:04 - SPARTANS

8:21 - SPIRIT

8:38 - INT.

8:58 - BOSTON

9:15 - BLUECOATS

9:32 - CADETS

9:49 - CROWN

Contest Coordinator - Jill Moyer

Chief Judge - Michael Turner

Color Guard - Michael Turner

GE Music - Jay Kennedy

GE Visual - Frankie Morris

Music Analysis - Dennis Argul

Music Brass - Wayne Dillon

Music Percussion - Jeff Prosperie

Visual Analysis - Gerald Corradino

Visual Proficiency- Hieu Nguyen

edited to add Carolina Crown. My apologies!

Edited by Barneveld

Why would you say that? Is this not a good panel for Crown? Which judge/caption? Just curious..