Drums Along the Rockies 2014

This is a horrible feed tonight from Denver. Just terrible that the last 5 groups you couldn't hear without horrendous feedback. Mixed with the camera angles, this is just inexcusable.

Is nobody monitoring the audio? Seriously?

• Like 1

Never a fan of narration, but BKs design is very good and is being executed well. I'd clearly put them over BAC, maybe even PR on a good night.

I have no problem with the kind of narration BK is using. It blends well with the music and furthers the theme. And it isn't condescending or intrusive. I actually think it adds a lot to their show.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely in love with the Blue Knight's show! Holy cow, those are some amazing programming choices! I loved the treatment of To Build a Home (one of my favorites) and got chills at the end.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that this show is not falling any lower than 9th this year. I don't think we'll be seeing Madison or Boston catching up to them. Again, just my opinion.

• Like 2

Thanks. I felt a bit of concern about SCV's drill being pretty dirty in spots. As a snare from the early 80s, our own drill was not hard, so it's hard for me to say what "should" be easy or hard or etc.

SCV's style of drill is always more exposed than anyone else's, so it will always look dirtier. That's not to excuse their dirtiness, but it kind of comes with the way they march. I hope they never change it either ... SCV's drill design is awesome.

But so is BK's. They always have great drill design too.

Hey, everybody. I just jumped over from the LaCrosse feed on the Fan Network.

BK almost made me cry. Beautiful. Speechless.

I recommend listening to the full version of To Build a Home if you haven't yet. Such a stunning tune, and it translates pretty well to the field. The only thing that could make it better is if they really let the high brass soar on the final pass at the line "And now it's time to leave" like the singer does in the final verse.

• Like 1